View job on Handshake
The Business Analyst-Senior provides dedicated support to the Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI). This person is responsible for implementing practices and procedures to ensure maximum opportunities exist for small businesses to fully participate in City of Milwaukee procurements and construction contracts in accordance with the Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program as outlined in Chapter 370 of the Milwaukee Code of Ordinances.
Contract Monitoring & Reporting
- Assist city personnel involved in citywide procurement and construction related activities in preparing bid specifications and other documents in accordance with the provisions of the SBE Program.
- Coordinate compliance reports from various city departments.
- Identify construction contracts and projects that offer opportunities to engage SBEs.
- Review procurement contract opportunities for SBE engagement and evaluating purchasing Requests for Proposal (RFP) submissions.
Certification and Application Review
- Process, analyze, and review new, renewal, and addendum applications and supporting documentation.
- Conduct certification eligibility site reviews.
- Analyze and process revolving loan applications.
Technical and Financial Business Assistance
- Provide technical assistance to businesses in relation to contract and procurement opportunities.
- Assist prime vendors in identifying SBE contractors for city let and city funded projects.
- Connect businesses with other technical resources around the state.
- Provide customers with information regarding all phases of business development, including starting a business and/or relocating the business to Wisconsin.
- Update SBE records in the certification and compliance monitoring software.
- Confirm new contracts and terms, and update appropriate SBE utilization in the compliance monitoring software.
- Manage the online SBE certified business directory.
- Create and run custom reports.
- Provide presentations regarding the SBE Program and Revolving Loan Program opportunities to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with departments to educate internal and external customers and stakeholders regarding city contracting opportunities.
- Assist with planning and executing Office’s annual Small Business Conference and Milwaukee Small Business Week.
- Partner with external stakeholders to host events for the small business community.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, finance, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Two years of experience in small business development or program planning and evaluation or working for a governmental agency or non-profit organization in a comparable role.
- Valid driver’s license at time of appointment and throughout employment.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
The current salary range (Pay Range 2JX) is $69,943-$89,016 annually, and the resident incentive salary range for City of Milwaukee residents is $72,041-$91,686. Appointment above the minimum is possible based upon level of experience and other qualifications and is subject to approval.
The City of Milwaukee values and encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.