Thank you for your interest in a position with us. At Equitable, we’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds with a variety of skills and interests. Our differences make us stronger as a team. That’s the power of our Equitable community! We embrace the diversity of our teams by continuously investing in them while working to be a force for good in the local community.
Apply and start your journey today!
About Individual Retirement
Individual Retirement designs and distributes annuity products to help individuals accumulate wealth and prepare for the income they will need in retirement. With more than 900,000 active variable annuity policies, Equitable is one of the leading providers in this important asset class.
The Business Analyst – Individual Retirment will be a critical team member of the Legacy Optimization Squad. This team seeks to enable Equitable to pursue new opportunities by unlocking the capital supporting the inforce portfolio through innovative solutions; and operates within New Ways of Working business model.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and support initiatives related to inforce reinsurance transactions
- Research competitor’s inforce actions and initiatives as well as prior Equitable ideas and experience
- Lead ideation for potential inforce actions or initiatives in collaboration with other squad members
- Consult with Legal on feasibility of actions and with Marketing/Distribution on their marketability
- Collaborate with other Squad members to help achieve Squad’s objectives
- Have an open mind to experiment to learn by constantly building hypothesis to test with customers, and challenge the “status quo” by testing assumptions and asking questions
• Bachelors Degree
• 3+ years of experience working within the life insurance industry
• 1+ years of experience working with variable annuity and/or life insurance products
• Established project management and relationship management skills
• Can-do attitude and ability to work amongst multiple constituencies, including Distribution, Finance, Risk, Legal, Marketing, and IT
• Knowledge of the Individual Retirement product portfolio
• Understanding of the client needs, advisor incentives, and marketing practices
• Ability to adopt the Agile mindset and behaviors including experimental mindset to drive innovation
• verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Functional knowledge of typical in-force management levers is a plus – e.g., buyout or exchange offers, financial transactions, reinsurance agreements, operational improvements
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer, Equitable is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. Equitable has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave Equitable. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual ori