We are looking for a pro-active, innovative, and results-oriented individual that loves technology and new challenges for a Business Analyst position in a rewarding university environment. Is this you? If so, this may be the job for you!
Ideal candidates will have excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, creative problem solving abilities, and the ability to research and analyze client needs and translate those needs into a technology driven solution.
Miami University offers an engaging work environment at a premier higher education institution. Exceptional benefits package and many other support resources are available to help employees balance their professional and personal lives.
Working with key divisional stakeholders and clients to support University strategic and tactical initiatives you will:
· Actively pursue regular meetings with University division leaders and key stakeholders to assist with technology initiatives that drive the University mission.
· Provide key fiscal insights into University IT portfolio planning through the use of tools such as ROI and NPV.
· Lead, coach and champion as necessary project initiatives from both Central IT Services and divisions IT units through our agile portfolio pipelines.
· Track key performance indicators to assist clients to successfully execute on project requests, budgets, scheduling and estimates.
· Act as a bridge and translator between the business users and the technology providers.
· Partnering with key leads, assist in IT related Business cases and RFP preparations, evaluations and translation into viable projects.
· Proactively engage with departmental clients and stakeholders to assist in developing a technology-focused strategy.
· Provide expert level insight into Business Analytics processes and procedures, act as a change agent for process improvements and champion improvements in our business analysis methods, tools, and techniques.
Require a Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology or Business Technology or similar field, earned by date of hire and 4+ years of demonstrated experience performing technology-related business analysis activities
As the Business Analyst reporting to the Director of Application Development, we are looking for you to have the following advanced skills or knowledge in:
· International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) or related Business Analyst certification
· Demonstrable ability to be a strong verbal and written communicator both at the technical and people level.
· Demonstrable ability in building consensus among teams, clients and organizational leaders
· Agile or Project Management experience (certifications a plus) in taking client business needs and translation them to technical requirements
· Experience with analytical tool sets, the concepts of data analysis and techniques such as gap analysis, process modeling, stakeholder analysis, and cost benefit analysis
· Knowledge and experience with Change Methodologies (e.g. ADKAR, Kotter)
· Demonstrable ability in data storytelling
Miami is committed to a culture of health and wellness on campus with several benefits, healthcare, and wellness programs.
Health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, tuition fee waiver, paid sick and parental leave, paid vacation, paid holidays; state sponsored, alternate and supplemental retirement plans are part of our employee benefits package.
Plus, you can be part of the University’s academic culture and can teach one credit bearing course per semester.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.