We are looking for an agile, dynamic and energetic individual that loves technology and new challenges for a Business Analyst position in a rewarding university environment. Is this you? If so, this may be the job for you!
Ideal candidates will have excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, creative problem solving abilities, and the ability to research and analyze client needs and translate those needs into a technology driven solution.
Miami University offers an engaging work environment at a premier higher education institution. Exceptional benefits package and many other support resources are available to help employees balance their professional and personal lives.
· Working with minimal guidance with key divisional stakeholders and clients to support University strategic and tactical initiatives you will:
· Actively pursue regular meetings with University division leaders and key stakeholders to assist with technology initiatives that drive the University mission.
· Provide key fiscal insights into University IT portfolio planning through the use of tools such as ROI and NPV.
· Lead, coach and champion as necessary project initiatives from both Central IT Services and divisions IT units through our agile portfolio pipelines.
· Track key performance indicators to assist clients to successfully execute on project requests, budgets, scheduling and estimates.
· Act as a bridge and translator between the business users and the technology providers.
· Partnering with key leads, assist in IT related RFP preparations, evaluations and translation into viable projects.
· Upon request, assist departments to develop a technology-focused strategies for a specific aspect of their business (with oversight)
Bachelor’s degree earned by date of hire and 1+ years of demonstrated experience performing technology-related business analysis activities.
This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)
As the Business Analyst reporting to the Director of Application Development, we are looking for you to have the following potential skills or knowledge in:
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, information technology or related field
· International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) or related Business Analyst certification.
· Demonstrable ability to be a strong verbal and written communicator both at the technical and people level.
· Demonstrable ability in building consensus among teams, clients and organizational leaders.
· Agile or Project Management experience (certifications a plus) in taking client business needs and translation them to technical requirements.
· Experience with analytical tool sets, the concepts of data analysis and techniques such as gap analysis, process modeling, stakeholder analysis, and cost benefit analysis.
· Demonstrable ability in data storytelling.
Miami is committed to a culture of health and wellness. We offer several benefits including healthcare and wellness programs with on-campus recreational and sport centers, health insurance that includes options for dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance. Tuition fee waivers for employee and family, paid sick and parental leave, paid vacation, paid holidays and state sponsored alternate and supplemental retirement plans. Plus you can be part of the University’s academic culture with direct access to hundreds of on-campus events plus the possibility to teach one credit bearing course per semester.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first-class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a full-time or hybrid basis. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all. For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the office of institutional diversity & inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the mission and core values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the department of labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the family and medical leave act (FMLA), equal employment opportunity (EEO), and the employee polygraph protection act (EPPA).