Fellows, while in each project, will be under the tutelage of one of our technology professionals, gaining hands-on exposure to the business side of the music industry and will be strongly considered for full time placement at the conclusion of the program.
The role provides essential background to various technology and software engineering focused functions within Sony Music including business analysis, project management, application life cycle support, and business process re-engineering and technology leadership. Further the role covers a wide range of areas including Digital Supply Chain, Product Metadata, Release Planning, Scheduling, Business Affairs and Music Licensing.
Position is a 24-month assignment and once completed the trainee will be strongly considered for full-time employment within the same group in Sony Music Global Technology Department.
The analyst fellow will be based in New York City with possibly some infrequent short-term travel to offices in Munich and London
The deadline to apply is Monday, November 28, 2022, at 5:00pm EST.
*Please note: this program will begin in September 2023.
- Work with technology teams in an agile environment to define requirements, support users and provide applications testing and documentation support
- Work closely with senior business analysts to define business problems and help conceptualize technology solutions
- Provide alternative options where appropriate including non-technical solutions and advise on existing processes where required
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on-shore and off-shore to fulfil IS&T service demands
- Assist in documentation processes spanning user requirements, functional specifications, user manuals and operations, security, & business continuity compliance
- Participate in ad hoc system training with users
- Major or minor in Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
- Coursework in programming a plus
- Experience or activities that illustrates a passion for using technology to elegantly solve business problems
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated passion for the music industry
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and potential
- Exhibits entrepreneurial and business savvy mindset
- Winter 2022 and Spring/Summer 2023 graduate
What we give you:
- 70,000 starting base salary
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess