View job on Handshake
This staff leader will coordinate the Environmental Quality Information System (EQuIS) database usage across the State. This vital role will successfully manage the MPCAs enterprise-wide system for housing data from sampling and analytical activities and coordinate usage from multiple MPCA programs and from multiple agencies. Duties include coordinating meetings, timelines, budgeting, process improvements, vendor relations and database updates as well as using and training staff on EQuIS. They will also manage database access and assist MPCA staff, private laboratories, data partners and public users of EQuIS with system functionality.
- Three (3) years of advanced-level experience working with databases with work duties that include report development, data management, data transformation, and basic code. (A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, information systems, human resources, business, or another related field may substitute for one year of experience) with a basic understanding of environmental laboratory data.
- Skilled in gathering information, troubleshooting, and data analytics for database usage statistics and metrics reporting.
- Ability to communicate in a technical manner with information technology professionals and program leadership and staff.
- Ability to ensure all work products meet a high level of accessibility standards for a diverse audience.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with minimal work direction
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with community groups to assist with an understanding of field data collected in their community.
- Knowledge of data systems to support programs data usage.
- Human relation and communication skills sufficient to build relationships and convey complex information to variety of audiences with differing levels of technical knowledge.
- Project management skills including time management, prioritization, problem solving and the ability to manage large projects long term.
- Good training and facilitation skills to facilitate user group meetings and create action plans to meet project deadlines.
Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders, ledgers, and small equipment.
Why Work For Us
Our mission is to protect and improve the environment and human health. We work with many partners (citizens, communities, and businesses, all levels of government, environmental groups and educators) to prevent pollution, conserve resources, and to help ensure polluting does not have disproportionate impact on any groups of people. We emphasize work-life balance with flex schedules, compressed schedules, and options to telework for some positions.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence, and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.