Do you have an analytical lens? Can you view processes, evaluate their components, identify inefficiencies, propose solutions, and implement change? If this is your passion and would enjoy working with a like-minded team, we have an incredible opportunity for your consideration in our Public Health Bureau of Emergency Medical Services & Preparedness.
This position has a telework option.
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Business Analyst making $30.33/hour to an estimated $42.46/hour.
Our competitive benefits package offered to eligible employees includes:
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance-employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $10.06/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- participation in PERSI – one of the Nation’s best state retirement systems (the state currently contributes 11.94% of gross wages to an employee’s PERSI account)
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
We are looking for an individual with a strong analysis skillset; incorporates data and process driven approaches into workflows and decisions; encompasses the momentum to improve operational functions; and embodies an awareness on appropriate times to work independently and collaboratively.
This position resides in the Strategy, Quality, and Innovation (SQI) section of the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Preparedness. Our team strongly believes in the continual development, success, and longevity of our section, so your creativity, dedication, and visionary insights will be necessary.
You must also have an analytical and data driven approach to thinking, problem solving, and decision making; implement and complete projects; identify trends, project their impacts on the future, and make necessary recommendations; focus on improving the Bureau’s performance through goals, metrics, data collection, and reporting; and consistently support SQI’s and the collective Bureau’s team efforts through effective communication and collaboration.
If you have previously applied for the Business Analyst position and wish to be considered for this vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
Example of Duties
- Evaluate program and Bureau operations and services.
- Analyze data and project actions or developments based on findings.
- Recommend and implement improvements to ensure efficient processes and compliance with regulations.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with your team, Bureau/Division/Department colleagues, stakeholders, and partners.
- Assist with strategic planning efforts and the identification of visionary goals.
- Track and measure performance.
- Communicate performance, analysis findings, etc. through appropriate visual aids and reporting methodologies.
- Identify, facilitate, and manage projects to improve quality and processes, and be able to integrate outcomes into the Bureau’s business processes; research; and make any necessary recommendations.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. If it is a written answer, please make sure you answer each question with enough detail to determine how you meet the requirements. Do not put see resume as your answer to written questions. Answer each written question thoroughly. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Good knowledge of project management.
- Good knowledge of organizational/business analysis and evaluation.Requires completion of at least six semester hours of upper division college coursework for a degree in Business, Public Administration, Finance or other related field AND two years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work; OR a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Finance or other related field AND one year professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work; OR at least four years’ work experience performing professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
- Good knowledge of process improvement methodology.
To be considered, apply online by 4/26/22.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.