Cortex Management, a subsidiary of TF Holdings, provides turnkey Lending as a Service (LaaS) solutions to consumer finance, banks and other fintech organizations. TF Holdings is a pioneer in online lending that has developed 14+ consumer finance brands in the US and UK and has served more than 4 million underserved consumers over the last 20 years.
The Business Analyst (BA) supports the conception, design, development, rollout, and maintenance of a variety of concurrent projects, working as a liaison to ensure a timely, accurate, and quality implementation. The BA is focused on owning, developing, and refining business requirements and confirming that products/solutions in which are created meet the business requirements. The BA will work regularly with project management and the business to ensure that fluidly changing requirements are captured and being flexible when priorities or requirements change. The BA provides recommendations to improve product delivery, productivity, and knowledge transfer of requirements and processes. They work with users, developers, QA, and project stakeholders to analyze the organization’s strategic business needs. They will also provide ongoing support for production processes and assist in researching production issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate with business users to define problems, data availability, and requirements, and to implement complex systems that provide cost-benefits to the organization.
· Facilitate effective discussions and meetings between development teams, data teams, test teams, infrastructure teams, and business stakeholders during the software development lifecycle.
· Using analytical skill set to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems and not simply identify them.
· Identify dependencies and create risk mitigation plans.
· Document the requirements in a clear manner with the right level of detail.
· Apply advanced understanding of the company’s business needs to develop solutions.
· Assist the Project Managers in maintaining project deadlines, budgets, and schedules.
· Support the product owner and stakeholders on project priorities.
· May coordinate and facilitate user acceptance testing.
· Support and research of production issues to find root cause.
· Research new product trends and business/technical processes and participate in the new product development process.
· A true thirst for knowledge with the end goal of becoming a subject matter expert in this space.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or in a job- related field of study preferred, or equivalent work- related experience.
· Minimum 2 years of experience business analysis, process analysis/design experience preferably all in the technology space.
· Fluent with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experienced with MS Project, Visio, and SQL.
· Proficient with Agile development methodologies and artifacts.
· Proficient with software quality assurance and release management processes.
· Prior experience in technical project management preferred.
· System and/or data analysis experience preferred.
· Understanding and exposure to .NET and Azure Cloud technologies preferred.
· Prior experience in the Financial Services industry, with knowledge of lending strongly preferred.
· A strong sense of ownership throughout the SDLC.
· An exceptional communicator, written and verbally, with the savvy to adapt their communication to the audience they are interacting with as this role will act as a liaison between the business and technology teams.
· Self-motivated with a high degree of accountability.
· Critical thinking and analysis are valued much more in this role than simply writing documents. Using past industry experience to understand the issues which are trying to be resolved and feeling comfortable offering creative solutions.
· Strong desire to understand the ‘what’ and ‘why’ behind business requests and provide context to cross functional teams throughout the organization to help drive an optimal solution and allow others to also think critically based on the desired result not just the ask.
· Possesses excellent understanding of Internet consumer products and/or personal lending markets.
· Uses solid analytical and problem-solving skills and can analyze current situations with new requirements to synthesize into creative solutions.
· Must have strong problem-solving and organization skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Team player who will work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.