View job on Handshake
Cypress Creek Renewables is one of the leading clean energy non-utility power producers in the United States. We are driven by the belief that solar and storage make for a cleaner, healthier, more prosperous world, that the electricity system will continue to grow and become the center of the world’s energy system, and that the acceleration of these transitions is imperative. From development, to construction, to operations, we create projects that benefit communities for decades. As a leader in transmission-scale and community-scale solar and storage, Cypress Creek seeks a diverse group of innovative and purpose-driven thinkers and doers from all backgrounds.
This business analyst will work to enhance CCR’s data for reporting, documentation, and controls within its IT systems. They will have the opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of the company, and to use this knowledge to present the company’s data and operational health to our leaders. While this role draws on the analyst’s technical reporting skills, they will also work across all company departments to build requirements and solutions using any medium they see fit (flow charts, process documents, interactive dashboards, etc…) for the purpose of helping to scale our company’s operations and improve our employees’ productivity. The business analyst can focus for long periods of time, has excellent attention to detail and can defer meetings or distractions to finish an analysis. At times the business analyst will leverage users to understand why data arrived incorrectly in the system and create processes or training to resolve. This is an exciting role for a puzzle solver, who will have support from management in all endeavors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role will work alongside the Finance and Systems Manager to continue to improve the company’s data integrity, protocol implementation, and employee’s productivity
- Understanding company wide data and administration of our reporting tools
- Analyzes software and data risks, and mitigates them by bringing solutions that audit and maintain the health of our organization
- Identifies data integrity issues and recommends preventative controls with developers
- Responsible for understanding business processes and how the company uses our internal software to achieve business objectives
- Assess current data flows created thus far, and be self-motivated to make enhancements with developers
- Assists in the implementation of reporting standards and processes
- Manage assigned tickets by addressing them personally or sending to third-party consultant; collaborating with team members on ticket resolutions; regular meetings with key users to gather, analyze, and validate documents for reporting requirements
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree, with preference given to studies in Computer Science, Information Technology or Finance/Accounting (with IT focus)
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience working as a business operations analyst or reporting analyst
- Candidates with a majority of the qualifications below are encouraged to apply
- Must have proficiency writing complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of database/data warehouse systems (AWS)
- Knowledge of reporting visualization tools (Tableau, Excel, Planful, PowerBI, Salesforce)
- Must have proven ability to merge and transform disparate internal & external data sets together to create new features
- Moderate knowledge of finance and accounting (GAAP, cash flows, financing, margins)
Location: The salesforce developer can be a fully remote worker or have the option of a hybrid schedule in our Durham, NC office.