View job on Handshake
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Biological Computational Modeling with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $30.16 per hour.
Travel: No overnight travel will be required.
· Proven experience in coding mathematical models in MATLAB, python, or R for a minimum of 1 year. Experience with MATLAB is preferred;
· Demonstrated education and/or experience using spreadsheets and/or statistical software (e.g. SAS, R, SPSS, etc.) to analyze data;
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others as part of a team; and
· Experience applying knowledge of computing and mathematical modeling of chemical, physical, or biological systems.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Master’s degree in applied mathematics, physics, engineering, computer sciences, or a related discipline from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident and
· Provide proof of a COVID vaccination per the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance for Federal Contractors.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Computational Toxicology & Exposure (CCTE) is a scientific organization working to support Agency decisions by providing solutions-driven research to rapidly evaluate the potential human health and environmental risks due to exposures to environmental chemicals and ensure the integrity of the freshwater environment and its capacity to support human well-being.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Participating in experimental research design and data interpretation;
- Preparing reports, presentations, and summaries of the data;
- Communicating results via presentation(s) and/or written reports; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email Elyse.Morrow@ORAU.org