The BI Engineer II will be responding to client or internal requests, making queries against our data, and using an understanding of data visualization, analytics and statistics to communicate valuable insights. This position requires experience with BI tools. In this role you will collaborate with team members to create rich reporting and data visualizations, enabling leaders to quickly digest information and make decisions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Develop and validate enterprise reporting, queries, extracts, visualizations, graphs and data mapping for delivery to clients or internal stakeholders.
• Utilize the business intelligence enterprise system software development suite to create, maintain and publish reports, dashboards, scorecards, and other visual information displays through front end interfaces as well as through application and database programming.
• Collaborate with team members to understand business insight needs from clients, product teams, and other commercially facing business units, and how those needs translate to functional requirements.
• Develop automation, data and workflows, and production ready processes for executing BI reports.
• Implement, validate, and provide ongoing support of business intelligence tools, platforms, and reports.
• Write stable, abstracted, reusable and efficient code.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus.
· 2+ years hands-on experience in the data/BI space or coursework involving data analytics, data modeling, and BI reporting.
· Basic understanding of relational databases, query languages and statistics.
· Experience in one or more business intelligence technologies, with the ability to visualize and report data insights clearly. Background in data science or statistics preferred.
· Exhibits a natural curiosity for learning more about new technologies, projects and processes to solve business problems.
· Passion for data and its fundamental ability to create value.
· Capable of managing multiple projects and priorities and understands when to escalate issues as appropriate.
· General understanding of UI/UX principals and their importance to user engagement.
· Ability to collaborate with team members and other teams.
· Continuous learner, expanding current skillset as well as new technologies identified by the business.
· Good communicator able to articulate concepts to peers, clients and managers.
• Proven development skills in Business Intelligence tools, including, but not limited to, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau and Qlik.
• Proven experience in constructing impactful data visualization and analyses to drive insights and business decisions.
• Demonstrated experience building measures and metrics, defining custom dimensions and tuning performance for a superior user experience.
• Understanding of database structure principles required, and understanding of semi-structured, HDFS and semantic structures preferred.
• SQL required, SAS, R, Python, Spark or similar preferred.
• Web development experience a plus.
• Knowledge of Azure data and analysis products such as Synapse, Databricks, Delta Lake, CosmosDB and ADLS preferred.
• Preferred experience with data loss prevention techniques (data federation, suppression and masking).
• Preferred experience implementing automation utilizing tools or languages such as PowerAutomate, Azure Data Factory, Selenium, java, bash or other scripting languages.
• Experience in agile development teams such as scrum and Kanban, as well as DevOps development environment.