Business Intelligence Developer (Extern) works closely with senior business leaders and technical teams to understand, develop, improve and key metrics in the revenue cycle. The incumbent in this role utilizes their skills and expertise to transform data into metrics, automated reports and dashboards providing actionable insights to assist company executives in making tactical and strategic decisions to improve efficiency in disease detection, patient management and revenue expansion.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a deep familiarity with a variety of data sources including transactional databases, data warehouses, internal tools and external integrations.
- Specifies, analyzes, designs, implements and tests BI solutions to meet business needs.
- Develops reports, dashboards and tools using SQL and PowerBI, as well as other tools.
- Takes ownership of data and constantly improves its quality and integrity; proactively identifying issues at every step and coordinates the implementation of required fixes.
- Partners with business unit stakeholders to understand their requirements and assist in the development of dashboards, visualizations and solutions tailored to their needs.
- Documents existing processes, architectures and codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or related required
- Master’s level-education with a combination of technical and business background a plus
- Experience programming with a high-level scripting language (Python, Perl, C#, etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of reporting and analytic tools (PowerBI and SSRS strongly preferred)