Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Nokia Bell Labs is the world-renowned research arm of Nokia, having invented many of the foundational technologies that underpin information and communications networks and all digital devices and systems. This research has produced nine Nobel Prizes, five Turing Awards and numerous other awards.
Our team, Statistics and Data Science Research Group, is part of Bell Labs Artificial Intelligence Lab. We are statisticians, computer scientists, and engineers, designing and developing innovative solutions to advance the state-of-the art in AI/ML and data science. We have multiple openings for researchers with background in any of our research areas including, but not limited to, computer vision, time-series analytics, NLP, autoML, visual analytics, interactive machine learning, active learning, and deep learning.
What you will learn and contribute to
We are looking for an individual who is a passionate problem-solver in data, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
As part of our team, you will:
- research and develop advanced machine learning and AI techniques and algorithms
- build and prototype systems to demonstrate research innovations and technology impact
- propose, investigate and publish research in premier conferences and journals worldwide
- partner with Nokia’s business units to ensure successful transfer and commercialization of research assets
- create and maintain strong collaborative associations with university-based researchers, other leading research organizations
Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with an accredited school in US.
Your skills and experience
- developed innovative statistical and machine learning algorithms and/or data science solutions
- strong problem solving and software development skills (R, Python, or similar)
- published paper(s) in peer-reviewed venues
- demonstrated capability to develop proof-of-concept prototypes
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
- Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.