Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD’s Quality Rotational Program is designed to give new graduates an opportunity to spend the first three years of their career rotating through three different areas of Quality (New Product Development or Sustaining engineering, Manufacturing Quality and Quality Systems) throughout the US. In each rotation, the associate works closely with Quality engineers as well as with cross functional partners (e.g. Manufacturing, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs) growing their BD network.
The associate can expect roles that are both meaningful and rewarding, in each rotation the associate has a key role contributing to the design, the development or the manufacturing of BD products.
As part of the program, Quality Rotational Associates also participate in various networking events, career development sessions and team building activities. Following the completion of the program, Quality Rotational associates progress into a full-time position in one of the BD Quality groups based on their interests and business needs.
Quality Rotational Program Value Proposition
The Quality Rotational Associate experience is enriched with:
- Business Impact – work on results-oriented and meaningful assignments that add business value across BD.
- Diversity – opportunity to collaborate with different teams across a wide range of locations.
- Mentoring and Development – Peer Mentors and Managers provide the associate with career mentorship and advice throughout the program. The associate also participates in meet & greet and lunch & learn with various leaders within Quality as well as from key partner functions.
- Leadership Visibility – The Quality Rotational Program is directly sponsored by the Chief Quality Officer (CQO).
The goal of the Quality Rotational Program is to improve BD’s organizational vitality and to empower early-career professionals through immersive learning focused on the key role quality plays at BD and in the medical device industry to advance the world of health and ensure the safety of our patients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, Quality Sciences, or other related major.
- Prior internship or Co-op experience in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Proven technical aptitude and strong leadership potential
- Ability to learn quickly, deal with ambiguity, take initiative and achieve results
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
The Quality Rotational Program associate are expected to relocate to a new US location for each rotation allowing for a diverse experience with new products, processes and people. To facilitate the associates’ rotation through three locations in three years, relocation support will be provided to those who qualify.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply directly on BD’s career page at jobs.bd.com. Please search R-449375 to find this posting.
In order to qualify for this position, applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.