View job on Handshake
Barings Summer Internship Program
The Barings Global Technology and Operations group is seeking an intern to join its Information Architecture team in the Barings Internship Program. The Barings Internship Program is intended to provide students with a comprehensive learning experience that affords students with a role that closely resembles the role of a full-time analyst. The program will come to fruition with a project presentation that the student has worked on throughout their time at Barings. The 10-week program also includes social events, networking opportunities, involvement in the community, and training.
As a member of this team, the individual will be part of a fast-paced environment where our goal is to maximize the value of information across the organization. The information architect will strengthen the impact of, and provide recommendations on, business information that will need to be available and shared consistently across the organization through the identification, definition, and analysis of how information assets aid strategies and business outcomes. This involves the information architect being knowledgeable in the business data we house, querying data in SQL, and performing data analysis. The ideal candidate is collaborative, able to communicate difficult data issues and potential solutions to senior level leaders, and is a self-starter.
- Become knowledgeable in one or more data domains
- Understand the needs of the business partners and lead thinking in the way that those needs should be satisfied
- Utilize various technology tools to perform data comparisons and analysis
- Write SQL queries to investigate data issues
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Data Group to design and build solutions to ingest, transform, store, and export data
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on statistics, mathematics, and/or computer science with a planned graduation date of 2023.
- Excellent written and communication skills to report on findings in a clear and structured manner.
- Microsoft SQL Server skills, specifically TSQL for MS Management Studio – including Functions, Views, Stored Procedures, and Query Writing.
- Experience delivering end-to-end data initiatives with high quality and to deadline
- Good time-management, problem solving, and organization.
- Proficient Analytic Ability; can work with data to identify patterns and uses judgment to form conclusions.
- Experience with financial services data
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.