BANKING ANALYST TRAINING PROGRAM
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Banking Analyst I, is an entry-level position that will assist Relationship Managers and credit colleagues with new and existing clients. Responsibility will include but not limited to, credit requests through spreading financial statements, completing covenant calculations, identifying credit risks, research, analysis, pitch books, and other sales and credit support.
BANKING ANALYST TRAINING ROTATION PROGRAM
As a member of the Banking Analyst Rotation Program at City National Bank, you will help to provide expertise and financing solutions to businesses and organizations headquartered in the United States. By listening and understanding the client’s needs, the team delivers specialized service and industry-specific expertise to help solve challenges for our clients.
This program will offer participants the opportunity to rotate through various parts of the bank to provide meaningful work experience, senior leader exposure, and targeted educational opportunities to develop future leaders. It can lead to roles within City National Bank such as:
- Relationship Manager
- Credit Officer
- Treasury Management Officer
Applicants should be prepared for an in-person, two-year training program in Los Angeles, CA. The program consists of four six-month rotations. Successful graduates of the program may be placed in major US cities such as New York City, Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Houston in support of City National Bank’s lines of business.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Prepares credit analysis and investigation of new and renewed loans. Requests and provides the necessary documentation and financial facts for Relationship Managers and Credit Officers to analyze, evaluate, and determine appropriate credit structure and terms for potential borrowers.
- Monitors for receipt, and analyzes and evaluates documents surrounding credits. This may include financial statements for the company, owners, and/or guarantors, tax returns, cash flow, collateral, covenants, etc. to identify strengths and weaknesses pertaining to a borrower’s financial position.
- Learns and masters all critical systems and disciplines to be able to complete credit reports including, but not limited to spreading financial statements, personal financial statements, and tax returns, cash flow analysis, collateral analysis, working capital analysis, capital structure analysis, and covenant testing / compliance for low to moderately advanced credit requests.
- Supports sales colleagues to deliver the firm’s best resources and solutions in order to become a strategic partner and the bank of choice for our clients
- Work closely with the Treasury Management team to achieve organization goals in the areas of liquidity/cash management, investment purchase & settlements, collateral organization and ad hoc analytical assignments
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis for credit requests
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Skills and Knowledge
Starting base salary: $29.81 – $37.55 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we’ve always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.