ATAC has an opening for an Aviation Data Analyst. This is a full-time position and will be located at one of our three office locations in: Santa Clara, CA, San Diego, CA, or Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will participate in aviation environmental (noise and emissions) and/or operations analyses and community engagement efforts utilizing FAA and ATAC data analysis tools. In addition, the successful candidate will participate in applying, enhancing, and testing state-of-the-art operations analysis and/or environmental software.
Responsibilities may include:
· Noise and emissions analyses for airports, airspace procedures, and airspace changes
· Quantitative and qualitative air traffic performance data analyses
· Environmental prediction algorithm development, assessment and application and environmental modeling research support
· Aviation flight track and operational data verification and validation
· Technical and management presentations and technical report writing
· Data visualization
· Data analysis programming and scripting support (primarily in C# and Python)
· Other responsibilities as directed
A background check will be required for this position.
ATAC is looking for career-minded people with the potential to grow professionally and advance into positions of greater technical and project management responsibility. Additionally, ATAC is seeking open-minded people who have an interest in developing knowledge in the aviation domain and motivation to play a key role in improving the National Airspace System.
Required attributes include:
· A BS degree in engineering, operations research, applied mathematics, statistics or physics with 0-4 years of related job experience
· Strong analytical skills
· Familiarity with scientific programming and/or scripting
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal relations skills
· U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
Desirable attributes include:
· Experience or interest in conducting regional airspace redesign environmental analysis studies
· Knowledge of physical acoustics, aircraft emissions, and/or aircraft flight performance
· Experience in or interest in airport operations and air traffic management
ATAC offers a casual business environment within a supportive team of innovative individuals. Pride in ATAC’s working and aviation focused environment and culture is key to our success. Those who share this passion will thrive here. If this sounds like you, please send your resume, including a cover letter in which you summarize the particular elements of your background that relate to the requirements of this position to ATAC. ATAC is EOE Disabled/Veterans