Automation Research Associate II – III
Aromyx Automation department is looking for an Automation Process Research Associate to support high-throughput cellular assay characterization and automation.
Aromyx Corporation is a cutting-edge early-stage biotech startup that measures taste and smell using synthetic biology and data science. Our technology uses human olfactory receptors in cell-based assays to replicate the biology of the human nose and provide actionable insights to our clients. Areas of application include detecting diseases, accelerating product development for food/beverage, pharma, agriculture, automotive, and consumer goods industries.
The Research Associate II will be a key member of the Automation department by helping translate research-grade cellular assays to stable, robust, and automated production-grade assays for use in both internal and customer-facing projects. The Research Associate will work within the group to ensure that cellular assays are reproducible and provide statistically valid and stable data. The Research Associate will participate in assay refinement, characterization and optimization activities as well as data analysis and interpretation. The successful candidate will work side-by-side with Scientists and Automation Engineers to optimize assay performance on automated equipment, providing critical analysis and guidance for assay success.
- Provide cellular assay expertise and automated cell assay troubleshooting
- Perform cellular assays and analyze data for trends or anomalies
- Work collaboratively with R&D and Automation teams to interpret and optimize research-grade assays on automated systems
- Work with Automation Engineering to validate automated assays
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Participate or lead the writing of SOPs for automated assays
- Record experimental entries and data in electronic laboratory notebook (ELN)
- Knowledge and experience in mammalian cell culture is essential and required
- B.S. plus 2+ years experience, preferentially performing cellular assays
- Significant experience with data analysis and interpretation
- Experience with using Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELN) preferred
- Familiarity with GPCRs preferred but not required
- Familiarity with laboratory automation and liquid handlers preferred but not required
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free lunch when onsite
- Flexible PTO
- Stock Options
- 401K plan
- Growing Company
- Possibility for remote work
Aromyx is an equal opportunity employer. Similar to the various receptors in our nose and mouth that work together to help us smell and taste the world around us, we believe in bringing together a diverse workforce to further our technology in sensory innovation.
Aromyx requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination.