Coops work individually and in groups with local management teams to improve the supply chain operational efficiency of targeted distribution centers and plants. The team is also responsible for deploying supply chain technology and works closely with internal and external software/hardware development teams to develop the most efficient processes. Operational areas of focus include but are not limited to shipping, transportation, inventory management, materials handling equipment, process automation and facility design.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collect, analyze, and interpret operational data to create and implement lasting efficiency and/or quality improvement solutions.
- Support new facility openings ensuring the most efficient layout and proven best practices are in place and followed.
- Deploy and train users on supply chain technology
- Document, present and train on best practices.
- Use project management principles for planning, scheduling, executing, and controlling all projects.
- Measure results and success rates of initiatives through use of Key performance indicators.
- Contribute to and help maintain SOP’s and the identification of best practices.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication/presentation skills to articulate recommendations for changes
- Ability to lead/contribute in a cross-functional team environment
- Innovative out-of-the-box thinking skills to drive transformational change
- 80% travel required. Some weekends.
Education and Work History:
- Pursuing a BS Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain Management, IT or related field
- Competent user of the MS Office Suite
- Capable of interacting with all organization levels; ranging from entry level Associates to Bimbo’s Senior Leadership Management team with an ability to thrive in a team environment.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.