You must apply on our career site to be considered.
This Summer Internship is:
- May-August, 12 weeks
- In Dallas, Texas at our Headquarters Building
- Full-time, 40hrs a week M-F during normal business hours
- Workplace flexibility depends on the Team – we expect the Intern’s schedule of onsite/remote work to mirror that of their Team. The majority of roles will allow for occasional remote work.
- Interns will receive any needed equipment, such as a laptop, for the internship as well as a living stipend and internet stipend paid out one time on your first paycheck (less applicable taxes).
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Intern will support multimedia and audio/video productions within one of the following Teams:
- Communications Department: Multimedia (A/V Production and Digital Broadcasting)Team
- Southwest Airlines University: Multimedia (A/V) Team
Create, publish, and participate in video production.
Attend Production meetings, writing, brainstorming, storyboarding, lighting, audio, videography, editing, compression, and publishing of videos.
Running and setup of teleprompter, standard grip work such as rolling cords, setting up tripods, stowing equipment, and maintaining batteries.
Log and capture archival videos into digital system.
Potential travel involved.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Progress towards degree in Broadcast Communications; Radio, TV, Film; Graphic Design; Multimedia Design; Fine Arts; or equivalent required.
To be eligible, must be currently enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours).
Maintained 2.75 or above cumulative GPA.
Experience using Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere required.
Previous part time work experience or prior internship preferred.
Participation and experience in campus radio/TV station, and/or filmmakers club a plus.
Knowledge of Broadcast laws (i.e. copy writes) preferred.
Comfortable in front of or behind a camera.
Ability to meet deadlines and report hours of work on each project.
Working knowledge of Motion, Compressor, Color and other programs in Apple Final Cut Suite.
Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Photoshop) is preferred.
Experience using a video and/or DSLR cameras, lighting, audio, and shot composition is preferred.
Writing for broadcast or broadcast news preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to collaborate on projects and use feedback to make improvement.
***Will be asked to provide sample of Multimedia work***
Full -time 40 hours/week.
$18.00 per hour + flight privileges
All students must apply online at careers.southwestair.com
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply