The Public Theater is seeking a proactive individual to support the Manager, Tessitura Data and Information Analytics, by providing maintenance, customizations, and documentation for Tessitura, the CRM database at The Public Theater.
This position is part of the Advancement Services team and reports to the Tessitura Data and Information Analytics Manager. We are looking for a problem-solver interested in devising creative database solutions to enhance productivity.
· Work with Manager, Tessitura Data and Information Analytics, and other departments to leverage existing Tessitura functionality and develop customizations accordingly to serve stakeholder needs.
· Act promptly to all support tickets relating to the Tessitura database, exhibiting patience while working to find solutions.
· Know when to utilize resources, such as the Tessitura Network Help Desk and internal IT department.
· Assist ad hoc training for new users and with new feature releases.
· Assist in increasing database integrity by creating, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures that will ensure the stability of the database, the security of customer data, data cleanliness, and efficient operations.
· Use SQL Server Reporting Services and Infomaker to build custom reports, enhance existing report design, troubleshoot bugs, and test with new releases.
· Create, maintain, and debug database objects in SSMS, including tables, views, stored procedures for reporting, web customization, and other user support processes.
· Create and maintain well-written documentation, including but not limited to documenting custom reports, internal processes, and database objects.
· Proactively monitor how other licensees use the system; make recommendations to improve usage or configuration.
· Keep abreast of new Tessitura releases and features by participating in the wider Tessitura community.
· Work with web developers to customize the website, contribute custom SQL procedures as necessary, and assist in testing and troubleshooting website features.
· Act as a Tessitura Power User Group member to resolve issues, plan projects, test new reports and functionality, and guide database upgrades.
· Participate in required system upgrades, act as a user advocate, and assist with testing and training on new features.
· Additional ad hoc data analysis, querying, and troubleshooting are required.
· Tessitura experience is strongly preferred.
· Excellent understanding of relational databases and SQL required.
· Proficiency in SSRS, Infomaker, SQL Server Suite, MS Visual Studio, and the Microsoft Suite preferred.
· Easily translate technical issues for the end-user and user requirements into required technical requirements.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Ability to be involved in multiple projects simultaneously and deliver quality service.
· Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Liaison closely with the third party and outside vendors
· Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in a team setting
· Ability to document technical processes for department reference
· Must possess strong oral, presentation, and written communication skills
· Must have the ability to maintain a high energy level and express a positive attitude
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.