View job on Handshake
Overview of Position
Are you someone who loves breaking down technical problems into solvable components? Do you have top-notch customer service and collaboration skills? Are you interested in joining a team comprised of a dynamic mix of technical support professionals who are paving the way to support the Internet of Things? If this sounds like you, we have an opportunity that may interest you.
What makes us different?
- Your medical benefits begin on your first day
- We provide excellent compensation and retirement programs
- We deliver exceptional paid time off
- We provide tuition reimbursement available after 6 months
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Provide high-quality technical support to effectively diagnose and resolve support incidents reported by external customers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex issues across a wide array of internet connected devices such as personal computers, mobile phones, tablets, wireless devices, Bluetooth speakers, thermostats, fitness trackers, televisions, home automation devices, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service and ownership of technical support issues.
- Work well in a high energy, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Provide appropriate responses and expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work as the customer’s advocate, demonstrating expertise in support processes and functions, including escalations, complex issue resolution, and customer retention.
- Technical Support Analysts may be required to perform other job related duties as directed by a member of management to meet business needs and objectives.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 6 months experience with customer service, troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving.
- Strong experience and working knowledge in one or more of the following technical specialty areas:
- PC Support: MS Windows, MS Office, Apple OS X, home networking/Wi-Fi, printer installation / setup / config.
- Mobile Support: iPhone/iPad/iOS, Android phones and tablets, Kindle / e-readers, Fire Tablets.
- Smart Home: devices such as assistants, smart lights, smart TV’s, thermostats, door locks, wearable technologies and other home-automation systems.
- High school diploma or GED (post-secondary education preferred).
- Must be able to type 30-40 WPM.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates degree a plus.
- 1 year of experience in technical support role.
- Technical certifications from organizations such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft, Apple, or other related bodies in the technical industry.
- Experience working within a support organization providing phone/chat/email based support to customers.
- Strong working knowledge of support services tools and applications such as CRM, knowledge base, remote diagnostic and monitoring tools, collaboration tools, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in writing technical documentation for inclusion in a Knowledge Base.
- Experience with providing training and coaching, either to customers or to internal colleagues.
- Able to collaborate, interact, cooperate and motivate across job functions and teams.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and verbal) is a plus
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
This position is in a department that is open 365 days a year and we currently have schedules which have shifts starting at 8:00 AM EST and ending at 12 AM EST respectfully (hours subject to change over time). An individual’s schedule is generally set for several months at a time, however interested candidates must have a reasonable degree of schedule flexibility to work varying schedules throughout the year.