View job on Handshake
Salary: $1,686 – $1,712 semi-monthly
Job Location: This position is with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Division of Energy, Policy and Resources, and will be located at 1101 Riverside Drive, Jefferson City MO 65101.
Why you’ll love this position:
Come grow with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ Division of Energy as an Associate Research/Data Analyst! You will join a welcoming, enthusiastic, and dynamic team focused on affordable, reliable, Missouri-made energy. Whether you are researching and analyzing energy initiatives for the Missouri State Energy Planning process, sharing the benefits of resilience planning with Missouri communities, providing information to the public on energy consumption and production in our state, or assisting in the design of new US Department of Energy-funded grant programs, you will find many opportunities for engaging professional development while contributing to Missouri’s energy future.
What you’ll do:
- Research, compile, analyze, interpret, and present energy data for a variety of projects, including the Missouri State Energy Planning (MoSEP) process, and responses to stakeholder and constituent requests for energy information.
- Assist with presenting information from the Division’s Roadmap to Resilience project to energy stakeholders across Missouri.
- Assist with developing energy-related educational and training material for diverse audiences.
- Assist with designing, applying for, and administering grants for energy projects that assist Missouri stakeholders in the pursuit of their energy goals.
- Conduct independent research and provide well-written summaries of technical reports, publications, studies, grant opportunities, and other industry materials to inform and aid Division and Department management in decision-making.
- Recommend initiatives, programs, and actions to Division managers to support Missouri’s energy, environmental, and economic development interests.
- Work with Division staff to collaborate with and serve as a liaison to federal, state, regional, and local stakeholders on energy planning activities and projects, as well as to interact with state and national agencies and organizations to identify opportunities for the Division to advance its mission and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
All you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in a field such as environmental science, finance, business, economics, energy policy, public policy, public affairs, or related field.
- Passion for community resilience and energy education.
- Prior experience and comfort with public speaking.
- Excellent research skills in the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data from a variety of sources.
- Strong ability to discern quality, credible, information and sources.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Ability to think critically and creatively solve complex and unusual problems.
- Strong interpersonal, team-building, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service and customer-centered focus.
- Ability to exercise good judgment as a representative of the Division.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office products and Adobe Pro.
- Professional experience in data collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation.
- Experience working in professional, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Professional writing experience, including the development of technical observations and conclusions for a readership with diverse technical understanding, experience and educational backgrounds.
- Research experience in a professional setting.
- Interest in supporting periodic work on dynamic tasks and projects with quick turnarounds.
More reasons to love this position:
If you have questions about this position please contact:
Jordan Elliott, (573) 522 – 1503 or Jordan.Elliott@dnr.mo.gov
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.