SCOPE OF ROLE
The Associate of Research will act as an active contributor on a team that is responsible for the leadership, management, and delivery of a portfolio of research projects and initiatives that contribute to FHN’s policy and research objectives and overall thought leadership. This position sits in the Policy & Research Team and reports to the Director, Research.
- Participate as a team member on a range of research projects and policy initiatives.
- Conduct original research, including literature reviews, desk research, secondary scans, and basic modeling work as projects necessitate.
- Contribute perspective and insights to research design and narrative development in coordination with the project team.
- Build and maintain trust and credibility with a range of internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Support the development of proposals and budgets for consulting and grant-funded opportunities.
- Manage and complete assigned tasks from start to finish using project management tools and strong communications skills.
- Act as a strong team member, providing leadership, on-the-job training and coaching and mentorship for other associates and interns.
- A commitment to the mission of Financial Health Network and a desire to positively impact the trajectory of a highly impactful, national nonprofit.
- 2+ years of professional experience and demonstrated success in research, policy, and/or data analysis.
- Good writing and presentation skills; an ability to communicate with influence and motivate multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to embedding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across all internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, and multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of the Financial Health Network. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume with your application.