View job on Handshake
Metron’s ORCA Group is seeking an entry-level Operations and Systems Analyst. Metron employs its simulation system products in support of operations, experimentation, and the acquisition analysis process. Operations and Systems Analysts at Metron apply Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) principles and tools to identify and analyze trends in big data to solve real-world problems. Candidates must be able to work independently and as part of a team; training will be provided.
The successful candidate will participate in project teams to:
- Assist in the analysis of the performance of DoD programs and systems
- Conduct data collection and specification reviews
- Assist in the design and develop system-of-systems models using commercial and proprietary MBSE tools and execute modeling and simulation analysis
- Perform post-processing data analysis and interpretation
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables to include presentations and written reports of findings and recommendations
- Participate in customer meetings and briefings
- BS in Math, Engineering, Physical Science, Operations Research, Data Science, or a related field
- Data analysis experience using modeling and simulation (M&S) tools via academia, industry, government, or military service
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED; Successful candidates will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance (minimum DoD Top Secret; TS//SCI preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills; a short technical presentation will be part of the interview process
- Ability to be collaborate within and across project teams
- Ability to develop and apply logical and methodical analytic approaches to problem solving
- Familiarity or experience with analysis using commercial MBSE tools (e.g. Cameo, MagicDraw, Sparks EA)
Position Location: San Diego, CA
Metron is requiring all employees and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID prior to entering our workplaces. We allow for religious and medical accommodations. This position will require the employee to work at a physical office location. Metron follows the CDC and OSHA guidance for workplace safety. We also listen to our employees so as to create a safe and workable office environment for everyone. If you have any questions about the safety precautions we are taking, we encourage you to ask during the interview process. Thank you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Metron, Inc. takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor