Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003, we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students, including nearly all the members of the US International Math Olympiad team, through our online school, learning centers, textbooks, and online learning systems. Over the years, our international online community of advanced problem solvers has grown to over 800,000 members. While our primary focus has been math for most of our history, we have expanded into new subjects, such as language arts, science, and computer science.
About the Position
AoPS Academy Associate Directors wear many different hats. Every day is different and exciting. This might be a good fit for you if you are an expert in your subject area and have the pedagogical skills and instincts to not only teach outstanding lessons but also coach and collaborate with other teachers. You are a confident and effective communicator, capable of building strong relationships with teachers, parents, and community members. You have previously taken on leadership roles and are still building on your management experience. You are eager to learn new things and assist the Campus Director in whatever tasks are needed, including:
- Teaching math classes on a weekly basis
- Hiring, training, and managing part-time teachers and office staff
- Assisting with the logistical operations of running a campus
- Meeting with current and prospective families
- Responding to parent emails and phone calls
- Building community partnerships and connections
- Attending outreach events
Preferred/Required Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Teaching experience required; primary/secondary experience preferred.
- Comfortable interacting and communicating with both students and parents.
- Interest in growing management experience.
Since AoPS Academy is an after-school program, most of our classes and family meetings occur during the evenings and on weekends. As such, it’s expected that Campus Directors and Associate Directors work a nontraditional schedule during the academic year. During the summer, Directors and Associate Directors typically shift to a more standard Monday to Friday work schedule.
This position includes a competitive salary, health insurance, dental insurance, a 401K retirement plan, and a raise structure-based on-campus performance. We also provide a relocation bonus for candidates living outside the Academy area.
Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you must be legally authorized to work in the US. We are unable to offer sponsorship, including STEM-OPT and H-1B.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.