View job on Handshake
An Associate IT Solutions Analyst is an information technology professional who designs systems, applications and user interfaces for a solution that supports a specific business process. The Associate IT Solutions Analyst works closely with our external customers and operations (internal and external) to identify process and system improvement opportunities and documents business and technical requirements. The Associate IT Solutions Analyst will also assist with implementation and training of the solution which ensures business and technical process compliance. These professionals have a wide range of technical and business knowledge rather than focusing their skills in a specific area of information technology.
- Work closely with external customers, operations (internal and external), IT departments and project team during solution design and definition.
- Translate business requirements into system requirements
- Manage the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
- Main point of contact for client group updates, issues, and questions.
- Test and certify the solution meets the customer and business process requirements.
- Lead project scope and recommend technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership
- Lead regular meetings to ensure effectiveness of plan, cost implications and quality of solution
- Responsible to design business process solutions based on system capabilities.
- Identify new applications and functionality required to support a specific requirement.
- Once project is implemented, must be able to train end user groups on how to use the solution.
- Involved in analyzing system/software capabilities and how it relates to creating a technical solution.
- Identify future opportunities for system enhancement and value generation.
- Responsible to assess solution quality and certify that it
- meets the customers’ requirements.
- Demonstrate capability to break technical solutions into logical units and have the ability to use models to show applications or program flow.
- 2+ years of solution design experience required.
- 1+ years of hands-on project management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Management Science,
- Computer Science or other quantitative discipline preferred.
- Multi-level communication skills both written and verbal, and with internal and external customers required.
- Willingness to travel 25%-35% as necessary.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint). Skills in MS Project a plus.
- Must be able to effectively use supply chain network modeling design tools
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills, particularly when problems arise that
- may affect solution outcome and/or project schedule.
- Customer orientation
- Team player and team building
- Must be able to work somewhat independently and concurrently on a range of unstructured tasks/projects and properly prioritize work, all with limited supervision or direction
- Developed time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.