Who We Are:
Support Services section that provides web-based applications developed on an open source platform to meet SwRI needs.
Objectives of this Role:
- Develop and maintain PERL web-based applications that interact with a SQL database on an open source platform.
- Test and document developed code prior to release into production.
- Meet with end users to gather requirements/details for bugs/enhancements
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Implement bug fixes/enhancements as tasked from from Bugzilla bug/enhancement tracking system.
- Code review/peer review, to include quality testing and documentation of modifications.
- Work with Git as a source repository for changes.
- Work in a collaborative environment when developing or correcting application issues.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Science, information Systems, any related IT field is acceptable
- 1 year of experience Web-based development of applications using PERL (PHP and Python are acceptable substitutes for PERL) on an open source platform (e.g. LAMP stack)
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system (shell preferred)
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace