Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Manage and improve the communication between the operational and developmental sides of the software development process.
- Guide teams in designing, building, testing and deploying changes to existing software.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated through continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines in Bamboo.
- Make improvements to software engineering processes, including automated testing at various levels, including simulation environments.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain high-availability server farms and VM environments for software development, integration, and deployment; autonomy system testing including simulation; and machine learning training and validation.
- Help define development, test, release, update, and support processes for multiple projects. Document processes and monitor performance metrics throughout the project lifecycle.
- Suggest, deploy, and maintain process improvements.
- Select, deploy, and maintain appropriate training and tooling to establish and enforce coding standards for multiple projects.
- Help establish standards for workstation, server, and cloud hardware and software to support multiple internal and external projects, including Ubuntu Linux and Windows environments.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Science or Information Technology degree or equivalent with directly related experience
- 1-2 years: DevOps using test automation and CI/CD tools, containers, cloud infrastructure, and other modern technologies, CI/CD pipeline set up from scratch as DevOps lead
- Experience administering RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, or similar Linux based systems with minimal support, to include Linux subsystems, patching, packaging (apt and rpm), performance tuning, networking, user management, and security.
- Experience working with virtualization Platforms such as VMWare (vSphere/vCenter), AWS, Azure, and GCE.
- Hands-on experience in building and administering VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker / Kubernetes (home lab experience acceptable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well individually and as a member of a technical project team
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.