The asset management arm of Northern Trust manages portfolios for institutional and high net worth investors across all asset classes. We offer a full array of active, passive and quantitative investment management, as well as manager of managers, transition management and securities lending solutions for institutional investors. We take a consultative approach to assessing client needs and developing innovative investment solutions. These range from specific investment mandates across the capital market spectrum to investing and managing a client’s entire portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the review and analysis of investment data on external investment managers to formulate recommendations for program managers and clients. They will assist in the evaluation, selection, monitoring, and replacement of external investment managers.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist with research to analyze investment data to formulate investment recommendations on external investment managers
- Interpret and communicate company and industry trends, financial market changes, and investment research results to program managers and clients
- Assist in the monitoring and management of the relationships with external investment managers
- Assist in the development of risk and asset class guidelines for external investment managers
- Operate independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit and functions
- As a subject matter expert, provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carry out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically advanced
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably a BComm/BS/BA in Finance, Economics, or related fields. MBA degree and/or CFA designation is a plus
- 3 years industry-related experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to provide investment recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative information
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to make economic and investment presentations, both one-on-one and group situations
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Experience with returns-based, positions-based, and risk analysis software is preferred
ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST ASSET MANAGEMENT
As a leading global asset management firm, our investment expertise, strength and innovation have earned the trust and confidence of the world’s most sophisticated institutional and individual investors.
With $1.6 trillion in total assets under management (as of 12/31/2021) and a longstanding fiduciary history of solving complex investment challenges, we believe our strength and stability drive opportunities for our clients. Northern Trust’s forward-looking, historically aware investment approach and deep capital markets expertise power a comprehensive set of solutions. Our asset class capabilities range from passive and factor-based, to fundamental active and multi-manager.
WORKING WITH US
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.