View job on Handshake
As a part of a team, Associates perform financial, statistical and economic data collection and analyses. Teams work on a variety of assignments across a broad range of industries and practice areas, primarily related to litigation, arbitration, mediation or settlement negotiations. Specific analyses may include the calculation of lost profits and economic damages, as well as business valuations and the determination of royalties, as examples.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Associates perform a wide range of functions which may include but are not limited to:
- Creating financial, accounting, economic and statistical analyses.
- Providing detailed fact-finding and research.
- Organizing and managing data.
- Developing and documenting detailed financial models.
- Reviewing and auditing work product to assure quality.
- Assisting with the preparation and review of damages claims, expert reports and exhibits.
- Presenting results both verbally and in writing.
- Accommodating client deadlines.
- Traveling and working additional hours as needed.
- TMF was retained by the maker of fashion dolls to address damages issues related to the alleged infringement of a competitor’s copyrighted property. The copyrighted property consisted of sketches created by a former doll designer who left the competitor to join our client.
- TMF was retained on behalf of an investment fund manager to testify on economic damages related to a suit filed by the individual’s prior employer for theft of trade secrets and breach of contract. The employer alleged that the investment manager stole valuable client lists and proprietary documents that the manager then used to start a new investment firm.
- TMF personnel were retained by a defendant who was a leading manufacturer of portable media players in a copyright infringement matter. The plaintiff alleged a television commercial promoting the media players contained a song from a popular rock band that infringed on his musical composition. As a result, the plaintiff sought profits associated with the sales allegedly linked to airing the commercial.
Bachelor’s degree in the areas of: Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant coursework.
GPA: 3.3 and above.
Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Access, SQL or other database management software a plus.
TM Financial Forensics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records.
The Company participates in E-Verify to determine whether job applicants are eligible to work in the United States.
The Company does not sponsor Visa or Green Card applications.