View job on Handshake
John Moran Auctioneers brings together buyers and sellers of decorative and fine art, jewelry and fine furnishings. We operate from core principles of approachability, transparency, and honesty in words and deeds. We strive to treat every consignment as our own and offer a customizable, boutique approach toward consignment, estate liquidation, and valuation services.
We are seeking a Trust & Estates Associate Director to join our team!
The Trusts & Estates Associate Director is a unique position at John Moran Auctioneers that focuses on making contacts and building lasting relationships with trust officers, estate planning attorneys, CPAs, realtors, fiduciaries, and other professionals s who are centers of influence to high-net-worth individuals. The Associate Director will attend various functions & events as a representative of the company to broaden the reach of John Moran Auctioneers & Appraisers. Once business opportunities are established, the Associate Director conducts walkthroughs to evaluate items for potential sale, and develops sale and marketing plans that offer the most holistic plan for the client. The Trusts & Estates Representative coordinates with property specialists to secure whole estate consignments and creatively craft deals that best fit the estate’s individual needs and manages the consignment process throughout the life of the inventory at Moran’s.
In addition to being outgoing, passionate about people, and a great networking guru, the individual must have the skills and qualifications to successfully achieve the following goals:
- Identifying, developing, and nurturing new relationships with trust officers, estate planning attorneys, CPAs, realtors, executors, and other professional fiduciaries
- Representing Moran’s at trusts and estates events, conferences, and other relevant networking opportunities and events.
- Building lasting relationships with estate settlement departments, wealth managers, estate planning attorneys, fiduciaries, and other estate planning professionals while increasing brand recognition in the industry.
- Networking with realtors, art advisors, consultants, insurance companies, museums and other nonprofit organizations to develop mutual relationships.
- Promoting Moran’s IC program for business referrals.
- Working with Moran’s team of specialists to value and direct property to the best outlet.
- Tracking estate property from beginning to end through the consignment process and. communicating with the respective client.
- Produce USPAP-compliant appraisals while working with third-party appraisers to complete larger estate tax appraisals.
- Assist in maintaining appraisal standards across all departments
- Generate leads for appraisal assignments.
- Develop and promote lecture series (and venue) to civic groups, professional associations, private affiliations, etc.
- Works with the department director on strategies to encourage departmental growth.
- Assists with departmental email and phone inquiries.
- Communicating openly with other team members, helping to ensure transparency and teamwork within the company.
- You will be encouraged and expected to continually expand your knowledge of the art and objects that you encounter.
- Representing our team and our brand; working with consignors and clients at previews and auctions.
- Auction support such as phone bidding, clerking, assisting clients, etc.
- Prior trusts and estates experience or 5+ years of experience selling high-value intangible goods and services
- Solid knowledge of the auction process
- Prior auction house, museum or gallery experience preferred
- Outstanding organization, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Experience working with high call volumes
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple deadlines
- Ability to work diplomatically with a variety of personalities
- Ability to work independently and within groups to see a project through competition
- Ability to assess a situation and understand when it needs to be escalated
- PC literate in MS Office applications Excel, Word, and Outlook. The ability to adapt to new programs as required
- USPAP Compliant a plus
- Member of an appraisal organization a plus
- Second language a plus
commensurate with experience
Please include a cover letter with your resume.