View job on Handshake
Do you believe that all students can achieve academic success? Are you passionate about leading adults and supporting them as they help students reach new heights in learning? Staff at Alpha have the opportunity to create and safeguard opportunities for students in under-resourced communities while collaborating with a joyful team of educators committed to sending our scholars to college.
As the Associate Director of School Operations (ADSO) you will thrive in a dynamic startup environment. The ADSO will play a critical role in providing overall vision for the work of the operations teams at the school level and coaching the school operations leaders towards this vision.
We are seeking passionate individuals who embody Alpha’s mission, vision and core beliefs: leaders who believe that all students can learn, that our scholars belong in college, and that student growth is a reflection of the teacher’s practice. We are looking for leaders who are reflective in their practice and are willing to engage in conversations around educational equity and inclusivity. We’re committed to finding leaders who value and amplify the diverse experiences of our staff and scholars and their families, and who care deeply about addressing the inequities that exist in education.
What you’ll do…
- Coach School Operations Managers at each of our four schools
- Partner with the Chief Operating Officer on the long-term vision and strategy of schools operations at Alpha
- Be present at Alpha school sites a majority of the time in order to observe, support, and understand the strengths and challenges of each school’s operations.
- Support the performance management of school operations team members, including professional development of school operations staff and facilitating operations accountability;
- Lead improvement of school systems and procedures, in partnership with School Operations Managers and Principals;
- Partner with the Associate Director of Operational Systems to ensure that the school-based operations teams understand, learn, and follow Alpha’s network operations systems and processes
- Direct Alpha’s student recruitment and enrollment processes, including managing the student outreach team.
- Partner with network and school colleagues on a variety of critical medium and long-term projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of full-time work experience in school operations required
- 2+ years of direct coaching experience strongly preferred
- People Management: You are able to effectively manage a team with different skills and competencies, with care, flexibility, and high expectations.
- Project leadership: You have experience being the owner of various systems and processes. You can effectively manage others through setting clear goals and timelines, keeping a wide range of stakeholders accountable, and assessing progress for the successful completion of the project.
You stand out by being…
- Systems-oriented: You are adept at creating enduring systems and procedures, and leading others to follow them.
- A motivated problem solver: You thrive by identifying common challenges and bringing people together to find the best solutions.
- Experienced: Experienced in school operations, and experienced working in communities similar to those Alpha serves. 80% of our scholars are from under-resourced communities and will be the first in their families to go to college. Our families predominately identify as Latina/o/x and/or Vietnamese.
- Detail-oriented with a bias towards action: You possess a conscientiousness around the details and you “sweat the small things”, and you are driven to operate with a strong sense of urgency.
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.