Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we’ve built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
This position is located in 400 Interpace Parkway Parsippany, NJ 07054
Teva is searching for an Associate Director, Global Engineering Technology SME (Aseptic) to join our team in Parsippany, NJ!
The Global Engineering Technology SME for Aseptic/Sterile will provide the overall subject matter expertise and set the platform for Aseptic/Sterile equipment across TEVA manufacturing. In addition the AD will lead the GE interface with MS&T, R&D, TGO Manufacturing Sites, Global OPEX, Global Design Team, Segment Leads and Global Maintenance Reliability in establishing the standard Aseptic/Sterile Equipment Solutions. This role will provide the industry and cross industry knowledge of equipment solutions for Aseptic/Sterile Processing.
As our AD, Global Engineering Technology SME you will:
- Develop Equipment standards for new Aseptic/Sterile equipment and process systems.
- Partner with Maintenance Reliability Function and OPEX to identify optimized maintenance practices of Aseptic/Sterile equipment and Predictive Maintenance (PDM).
- Develop equipment capability for process monitoring and Process Analytical Technology (PAT.)
- Develop User Requirements Specifications (URS) templates based on equipment standards.
- Connect the Center of excellence, SME, MS&T, R&D, segment leads and execution teams in topics related to Aseptic/Sterile dose equipment.
- Contribute to the CAPEX planning process.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing segment account manager on sites asset management to develop long term capital investment.
- Contribute to the site Master plans for the aspects related to Aseptic/Sterile Equipment.
- Participate in external industry groups related to Aseptic/Sterile equipment to influence the industry and bring back practices to augment Teva capability in this area.
- Establish community of practice for specific Aseptic/Sterile equipment platforms.
- Participate in relevant communities of practice related to maintenance, Aseptic/Sterile process, and Operational Excellence.
- Build and lead knowledge sharing tools related to Aseptic/Sterile Equipment.
- Work according to global standards as well as regulation guidelines and in correlation with Teva Global Strategy.
- Develop TEVA Technology implementation strategy for Aseptic/Sterile including standardization and supplier development in partnership with procurement.
- Stay in close alignment with MS&T & R&D for future technology to meet future products.
- Participate in the MS&T Aseptic/Sterile Technical forum. This Forum will provide the platform for knowledge sharing and problem solving.
- Support sites in trouble shooting / root cause investigation by providing second level of specialist expertise as SME and by harmonizing and optimizing related technical processes across the units.
- Support equipment and process integration projects in a sterile/aseptic manufacturing environment.
- Identify and drive equipment opportunities for improvement, making constructive suggestions to improve process effectiveness, product quality and operating efficiency.
- BS. Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field required
- A minimum of 8 years’ Engineering experience in the pharmaceutical industry with ten (10) years preferred.
- Experience collaborating as part of large matrixed, global operation required.
- Subject Matter Expertise in Aseptic/Sterile fill technologies and production equipment required.
- Equipment Reliability, FMEA analysis and understanding of OPEX principles and optimization required.
- Travel Requirements – 30%-40% globally once travel opens up again.
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva’s global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to support you throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Diversity & Inclusion at Teva
Empowering our diverse employee base and creating an inclusive culture is both a business imperative and an opportunity to bring us closer to our patients, our partners and our communities. Teva employees respect and embrace a diverse range of experiences, capabilities and perspectives that connect us to new insights and opportunities, while building a more inclusive culture for all. We strive to enable a work environment where all employees can feel engaged and know they are making an important contribution to improving health and making people feel better.