View job on Handshake
About Ankura: Ankura is an expert services firm defined by HOW we solve challenges. Whether a client is facing an immediate business challenge, trying to increase the value of their company or protect against future risks, Ankura designs, develops, and executes tailored solutions by assembling the right combination of expertise. We build on this experience with every case, client, and situation, collaborating to create innovative, customized solutions, and strategies designed for today’s ever-changing business environment. This gives our clients unparalleled insight and experience across a wide range of economic, governance, and regulatory challenges. At Ankura, we know that collaboration drives results.
Position: Associate, Disputes & Economics
Locations: Los Angeles, CA
Practice Summary: The Disputes and Economics practice focuses on assisting clients with financial, accounting, and economic issues associated with complex litigation. A sample of diverse consulting engagements includes: consulting and preparation of expert reports and testimony in consumer class action, overdraft fee/banking, labor and employment, and healthcare matters; consulting on complex forensic accounting and financial reporting matters; and litigation support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Associates, working as part of a project team, perform critical, value-added work that can directly impact a client’s bottom line. Responsibilities include:
- Performing a wide range of functions that may include developing and performing financial, accounting, economic, and statistical analyses
- Loading and validating data received from clients into structured data formats
- Developing models using data analytical tools and programs
- Detailed and complex spreadsheet and database analyses
- Assisting with data gathering activities including document review, research, and quality control of data entry activities
- Preparation of client reports and exhibits.
Basic Qualifications, Skills, and Characteristics:
- Completion of undergraduate degree between December 2021 and June 2022 with a major in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other analytical course of study
- Solid academic performance in their course of study with a 3.3 GPA or better
- A working knowledge of MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to independently problem solve
- Willingness to travel and work overtime when needed
- Advanced technical skills with statistical and/or database programming software (e.g., SQL, R, Python, Stata, SAS) is a plus.
Ankura is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment Opportunities at Ankura are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential function of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment opportunity governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.