View job on Handshake
Responsible for providing clients and prospects with outstanding service to allow BMS to create, administer, and service the best and most efficient reinsurance programs and additional services to meet the client’s needs.
BMS is a dynamic global broker with offices across the United States and abroad. We specialize in insurance and reinsurance consulting, as well as capital market advisory services. Our team is highly experienced and respected in the market. We value our strong personal relationships with our clients and contacts which – together with our entrepreneurial flair – enable us to consistently get the best solutions for our clients. This position is based in San Francisco, CA, for our Property & Casualty team and offers unlimited career growth potential. If you are excited about the role, we’d love to hear from you!
- Assist in managing client portfolios and accounts (i.e., handle underwriting preparation, may have client interface, and assist with placement with reinsurers, etc.)
- Lead bi-weekly discussion with the team to address status updates, pain points, or any other significant topics related to ongoing projects
- Help prepare reinsurance submissions/underwriting narratives with direction from client relationship manager; review large data sets, and with the help of other brokers, analyze, and look for trends to organize submissions and provide the best possible output to clients
- Ensure compliance with BMS quality standards before, during, and after placement process; responsible for quality control of all work produced on assigned accounts and proper Hub filling
- Accurately prepare memos and letters to reinsurers/clients for their signature, as well as other required signatures
- Assist with the preparation and finalization of contract wording, working closely with the Contract Wordings team and client relationship manager; accountable for verifying that all Slips/Cover Notes or Summary of Terms and Contract Wordings have been fully executed
- At the completion of placements, assist in the drafting of Post-Placement Memos, Brokerage Estimate Exhibits and Market Sheets for final sign-off of client relationship manager
- Maintain files – Complete necessary forms; document conversations via telephone, e-mail, or other electronic means; perform copy work for files, keep files up to date, etc.
- Perform special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the client relationship manager or others
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- BS/BA degree with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- 0 – 2 years of work experience
- Capability to learn about and comprehend information about insurance and reinsurance products with the ability to appropriately apply knowledge while performing day-to-day responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to build effective and constructive relationships with external clients and contacts
- Accountable to build and maintain effective teamwork, communication and interpersonal relationships with all BMS team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management abilities; accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals to meet deadlines; uses proper channels and resources
- Basic knowledge of how strategies and tactics work in insurance and reinsurance; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the insurance and reinsurance markets and clients
- Strong ability to effectively use the Microsoft suite of products, particularly Excel
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively incorporate new concepts and practices; flexible and open to change
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- You are resilient and the idea of rejection doesn’t scare you; you’re the type of person who is motivated by a challenge and is willing to roll with the punches
You don’t need to match every listed requirement to apply for a position. We’re looking for diverse perspectives, and encourage applicants from a wide range of backgrounds with a panoply of life experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
*Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. We are an equal opportunity employer.