As the Associate Analyst, you will be responsible for providing analytical support for Eversource business functions within the Electric Field Operations organization. This could include participating on task forces, special studies, business cases, financial and economic analysis, cost benefit analysis, development and monitoring of standards and metrics, etc.
- Works within department and in conjunction with other departments to analyze data and processes
- Analyzes processes and data and converts this in to value added thinking and information
- Works with others to identify opportunities for process change and continuous improvement, and facilitates the acceptance and implementation of the change
- Performs administrative tasks, as required
- Assists with training and support of field personnel in Operations policies and procedures
- Assists with tracking and reporting on field compliance with company operating procedures
- Works within team environment to administer and complete various department tasks
- Executes activities and/or objectives in an accurate, timely manner and ensures a positive impact on colleagues and customers
- Contributes to a positive, professional, cooperative and efficient work atmosphere and openly communicates work information to others in a timely manner
- Delivers superior customer service to both internal and external customers
- Keeps Manager and/or Team Leader informed of issues, impediments and progress
- Participates in the resolution of customer crisis/urgent problems as situations arise
- Will receive an emergency assignment and be called upon for restoration and emergency efforts with little notice (inside and outside of “core” hours)
Technical Knowledge & Skill
- Must be able to work within a team environment as well as independently
- High degree of personal ownership and accountability
- Possess strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work within stressful situations and within tight deadlines
- Understanding of Customer Operations
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, statistical and mathematical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with budgeting and accounting concepts
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications
- Familiarity with Access programming and reporting preferred
- Experience with electrical utilities and electrical distribution and operations systems preferred
- Experience with project management preferred
- Knowledge of Cascade, DARS, MIMS, Sundry Billing system, Lotus Notes databases, CO Databases and processes, EGIS, STORMS, etc. preferred
Education & Experience
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting, Finance or a closely related discipline), or the equivalent in combined education and experience is required.
- 0-3 years of experience
- Applicants could be requested to perform a demonstration in Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Related experience in a utility company is preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.