Since 1975, TUMI has been creating world-class business and travel essentials, designed to upgrade, uncomplicate, and beautify all aspects of life on the move. Blending flawless functionality with a spirit of ingenuity, we’re committed to empowering journeys as a lifelong partner to movers and makers in pursuit of their passions. Designed in America, for Global Citizens everywhere. The brand is sold globally in over 75 countries through more than 1,900 points of sale. For more about TUMI, visit www.TUMI.com.
Our standards are exceptional, and we stand by everything we do.
We treat our products, people and clientele with the total dedication they deserve.
When it comes to forward thinking, we are foremost.
We are all Global Citizens and look to contribute to a global community.
Each of us is empowered to create personal and collective progress.
As part of our Retail team, the Assistant Manager is responsible for creating a client experience that accurately reflects the ethos of our brand while building and maintaining strong client relationships and driving sales through outstanding service.
The ideal candidate is committed to client service, demonstrating a strong understanding of, if not passion for, the luxury, travel, fashion, and lifestyle markets.
The TUMI retail environment encourages an entrepreneurial spirit, offering growth opportunities over time as we work together to increase sales, KPI’s, build client awareness, provide world-class service, and grow the brand.
Performance to Goals:
• Meet and exceed individual and store baseline goals for personal sales and KPI metrics inclusive of conversion, DPT, UPT and Client Data Capture.
Leadership and Initiative:
• Display a good sense of initiative, able to plan and prioritize, displays strategic thinking, and champion change in an effective manner.
• Take pride in work and strives for excellence.
• Take responsibility for performance and complete all assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
• Training and Developing: Help teach others training content through consistent roleplay and coaching. Demonstrate an openness to new ideas and concepts while quickly learning and applying to the job. Monitor and assist the Store Manager with the training and development for store associates. Complete quarterly goalsetting for personal development.
• Coaching and Feedback: Clearly articulate strengths, goals and opportunities. Show critical thinking capabilities and is solution oriented. Utilize company tools to create a 360-degree coaching culture.
• Networking and Recruiting: Assist the Store Manager in recruiting and networking to ensure hiring of high caliber performing team members as well as maintain an active bench strength of potential candidates.
Communication and Relationship Building:
• Exercise strong written and verbal skills: Adapt communication skills upwards, laterally and to their team.
• Demonstrate ethical conduct when completing job duties.
• Promote the organization’s goals and adapt flexibly to change.
• Collaborate effectively with team.
• Assist the Store Manager with managing the store schedule and timecards and payroll.
• Maintain Tumi University Training.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Visual Merchandising/Client Experience:
• Ensure the store follows the visual guidelines and directives.
• Enforce excellent client services through the emphasis of utilizing client books, thank you cards and executing event strategies. Ensure a consistent superior client experience.
• Understand the TUMI brand and have true passion for the lifestyle, clients, and product assortment.
• Values a collaborative environment.
• The retail team stands, moves around the store, lifts, pushes boxes that weigh 30 pounds, and uses a ladder to complete job duties.
• Have strong sales and client experience, preferably in the luxury market.
• Can demonstrate proven success in meeting sales goals and achieving KPI’s.
• Have a strong sense of integrity and an ability to lead by example.
• Have strong time management skills.
• Career pathing
• Work-life balance
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
• Pet Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
Tumi…..Perfecting the Journey