Assistant Fitness Director, Performance and Equipment – Cambridge, MA
Monday-Friday hours 8am-4pm (flexible), Full-Time & Benefits Eligible. This role offers a $500 sign-on bonus!
If you are a leader wanting to join an industry trailblazer, HealthFitness is looking for an Assistant Fitness Director, Performance and Equipment at our MIT client site on-campus in Cambridge, MA. HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, provides fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
As the Assistant Fitness Director, Performance and Equipment, you will be directly responsible for the pricing, programming, and policies for personal training, fitness assessment, and fitness instructional programs. You will also oversee equipment maintenance and repair at both Zesiger and Wang fitness centers and direct delivery of fitness/performance-related wellness content across campus. Other responsibilities include:
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, supervise, evaluate a diverse group of personal trainers, CrossFit certified instructors, multisport instructors and other fitness/performance related staff. Direct reports include 15-20 part-time employees in addition to 20 part-time indirect reports.
- Respond to patron requests, comments and concerns with a customer service-focused lens. Assist in frontline fitness center coverage, management of facility & operations, rentals and special events.
- Zesiger and Wang fitness center, and wellness studio equipment inventory including record keeping, repair and preventative maintenance, developing proposals on liquidation and purchasing, and management of the equipment preventative maintenance contract.
- Directly oversee the EngineerYourHealth+ program with the MIT Office of Student Wellbeing.
- Assist in development and implementation of MIT Recreation policies and procedures. Attend and actively contribute in staff meetings for MIT Recreation Management, Fitness team, and Individual fitness meetings. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Programs & Wellness.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Education, Sports Management or related discipline.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM, NETA or NSCA.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Strong knowledge in the area of personal training program development.
- Ideal candidates will also have 2+ years management experience, CrossFit Level I Certifications, and recreation software experience.
- This client site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Why Work at HealthFitness?
Benefits & Perks: HealthFitness meets the diverse needs of our associates by offering personal and professional development, comprehensive benefits, and flexible employment opportunities. Benefits include health/dental/vision, life insurance, FSA and HSA, 401(k) plan, Employee Assistant Program, Back-up Care for Children, Adults and Elders and many health and wellness initiatives. We also offer a Wellness program that enables employees to participate in health initiatives to reduce their insurance premiums.