The Atlantic Council seeks a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial individual to support the planning and execution of small to large broadcast-quality productions, as well as private convenings with diplomats, senior domestic and foreign officials, and global leaders. The ideal candidate will have experience producing in-person, hybrid, and virtual events.
A successful candidate must communicate effectively, enjoy fast-paced teamwork, and execute events under the pressure of a global audience. The position requires a superior ability to multitask, a track record of coordinating projects and events across multiple departments, excellent administrative and communication skills, exceptional writing ability, attention to detail, knowledge of diplomatic protocol rules, exemplary hospitality, and a positive attitude.
The Event Coordinator will manage onsite, offsite, and virtual events to ensure smooth execution and that it consistently meets the high quality and standards of Atlantic Council events. They will work closely with program staff in the planning of events and act as a liaison between the Events Team and programs and centers. The coordinator will work directly with senior global figures and executive leadership to ensure that each event is produced at the highest levels along with a superior degree of hospitality, confidence, and organization. The candidate will play an important role in global flagship conferences and fundraising galas as well.
The Atlantic Council offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Coordinate onsite, offsite, and virtual events, including coordinating VIP arrivals, departures, security measures, guest management, and AV coordination.
- Advise on production and visuals for live events that translate to high-quality broadcast productions.
- Brief speakers and assist with staging re-sets, seating assignments, as well as production timing.
- Draft event material such as speaker invitations, event invitations, talking points, and additional writing assignments, as necessary.
- Prepare briefing memos and proposals.
- Prepare event budgets and manage vendor relationships, including caterers, florists, etc.
- Negotiate contracts for offsite events.
- Coordinate with the Executive Office on VIP attendees (Heads of State, government officials, ambassadors, and other members of the diplomatic corp, CEOs, Board of Directors) to ensure they are received and managed with respect to protocol and other requirements.
- Support global flagship events when necessary, including production, travel logistics, VIP managements, etc.
- Work with security details of domestic and foreign government officials to coordinate holding rooms, private entrance and exit points, and additional security measures.
- Assist Events Team in the performing administrative tasks, when necessary.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of professional event experience in a related field are required.
- Interest in foreign policy and/or the core mission of the Atlantic Council.
- Superior communication skills; candidate must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of staff and senior diplomatic officials.
- Ability to represent the Atlantic Council to external constituencies, such as senior officials, board members, donors, and individual and corporate members.
- Excellent organizational, logistical, and administrative skills.
- Research and writing skills in the areas of international affairs.
- Ability to travel internationally; overseas experience is preferred.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Ability to work irregular hours, evenings, and some weekends.
- B.A. degree required.