PFM is a recognized national leader in providing financial, investment, and consulting advice to public sector, non-profit and other institutional entities. For more than forty years, PFM has advised many of the country’s largest municipal and institutional entities including states, counties, municipalities, townships, boroughs, authorities, school districts, not-for-profit organizations, and pension funds. The firm has more than 650 employees located in every region of the country.
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
PFM Asset Management LLC (PFMAM) is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. For the period ending June 30, 2021, PFM Asset Management LLC has provided investment advice and management services for over $164.5 billion in total assets, including $125.8 billion in discretionary assets under management and $44.4 billion in non-discretionary assets under advisement. PFMAM’s clients are state and local governments, non-profit corporations, pension funds, and similar institutional investors.
PFM’S FOUNDATION FOR SUCCESS
PFM’s Analysts are a critical part of the project teams that serve our broad base of clients. Each role provides a solid foundation for a meaningful and growth-oriented career within the firm, and many of our project managers and Managing Directors started their careers with PFM.
As you transition to Analyst, PFM offers one of the most comprehensive training programs in the financial industry. In 6-8 weeks of intense training, Analysts learn the financial, analytical, and modeling skills needed to thrive in their roles.
Your career with PFM can grow based on your unique strengths, interests, and the firm’s ongoing needs. No matter the path you choose, you’ll receive an exceptional foundation of training, a collaborative and challenging work culture, and meaningful work that generates tangible benefits to the communities that PFM serves.
Your day to day challenges include:
- Quantitative Analysis and Financial Modeling: Working with senior team members to create qualitative and quantitative analyses that support various projects and transactions, many of which involve the creation and use of customized financial models and spreadsheets.
- Presentations and Reporting: Preparing and delivering presentations, reports and summaries that outline financial scenarios and recommendations to clients.
- Marketing and Business Development Support: Contributing to and reviewing financial, legal, and marketing/proposal documents for all transactions and projects to which you are assigned.
- Client Service Exposure: Gaining direct and meaningful exposure to a broad variety of clients and transactions across all of the entities that PFM serves.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED AT PFM
We are seeking Analysts to start with PFM in our Winter 2022 Analyst class, starting in January 2022, and in our Summer 2022 Analyst class, beginning in July 2022. Recent graduates, upcoming graduates, and qualified candidates with related post-graduate experience are all encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates come from a wide variety of academic disciplines and backgrounds and have an inherent passion for public service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply for employment with PFM.
Key attributes PFM seeks include:
- Bachelor’s degree (strong academic performance encouraged)
- Strong interest in finance, consulting and/or investment management
- Unwavering integrity and ethics
- Wholly supportive of the Firm’s policies and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Analytical and financial modeling experience – advanced Excel skills and VBA or programming exposure are a plus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic with a proactive, flexible attitude and a desire to pitch in wherever needed
- Developed problem solving skills and a solutions-focused approach to addressing challenges
- Ability to dig into the details but also see the greater context behind your work
- Outstanding teamwork and project execution skills with multitasking capability
In addition to training, PFM Analysts are eligible to receive a robust total rewards package including:
- Compensation – base salary, sign-on bonus opportunity, annual opportunities for performance-based increases
- Health and wellness benefits and disability and life insurance
- Retirement benefits – 401k with employer match, and annual profit-sharing opportunity
- Ongoing learning and developmental opportunities, including professional development assistance and tuition reimbursement
- Work/life benefits – a challenging, diverse, and collaborative work environment, flexible paid time off, a formal mentorship program, volunteer opportunities, and much more
If you are ready to experience the challenge, satisfaction, and reward of an opportunity with PFM, please apply here, or refer a qualified candidate.
PFM is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
PFM is an equal opportunity employer (EOE, M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug-free workplace.