View job on Handshake
BLH Technologies, Inc., an award-winning company specializing in public health, communications, technology, and safety monitoring solutions for federal and commercial clients, is seeking an Artificial Intelligence Developer to support federal clients, including those within the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The desired staff member will work in cooperation with our BLH team and government clients to develop cloud-based systems for biomedical research repositories.
- Transfer medical metadata from various sources such as HTML, XML, CSV into a new format and then stored into the schema entities.
- Developed custom crawlers to fetch, clean, and load data.
- Develop annotators to extract terms and concepts, such as from medical documents and journal publications.
- Design data modeling processes to create algorithms and predictive models and perform custom analysis.
- Collect data through means such as analyzing business results or by setting up and managing new studies.
- Create new, experimental frameworks to collect data and building tools to automate data collection.
- Identify and set up various cloud-based systems to accommodate a broad array of government requirements.
- Support python algorithms designed for automated metadata JSON LD serialization.
- Knowledge in C++, Java, Python, databases, statistics, machine learning.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 8-12 years of full-time experience performing similar tasks.
- Previous experience and strong understanding of large, complex databases, form-entry systems, metadata, machine learning and integration of software technologies. Preference for experience in working with research and/or biomedical repositories.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with clients and meet client goals.
- Previous experience with federal government support, particularly NIH development, preferred.
- 3+ years of healthcare experience
Knowledge and Special Skills
- 3+ years experience with NLP models
- 5+ years experience with Python (NLTK preferred)
- 5+ years experience in data analysis/modeling
- Experience analyzing text Sentiment Analysis)
- Knowledge of Semantic web and web ontologies
- Experience in JSON-LD schema and RDF/OWL schema
- Knowledge of Apache Jena or AWS Neptune /Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with Python / PyCharm implementation
- Entity extraction, text processing, regular expressions
- Big data/Linked data experience
- Create graph database and triple store using RDF, JSON-LD serialization
- Understanding of SPRQL and Gremlin languages
- Knowledge with metadata including DublinCore
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Must be a critical thinker with the ability to assimilate and convey complex information in plain language, tailored to different audiences
- Ability to multitask and set priorities to meet deadlines