View job on Handshake
We’re NINE dot ARTS. From hotels, multi-family residential properties, and offices to large-scale, mixed use developments to interactive public art installations, our team leverages the power of original art to transform ordinary places into one-of-a-kind experiences. We curate inspiring collections that not only present a visual narrative, but connect people to places and brands.
We’ve completed 825 commercial real estate projects, worked in 35 states and four countries, and generated $35M total ($6M annually) in revenue for the creative economy since 2009. We make jobs in the arts, and build opportunities for artists. We’re a creative powerhouse, and we’re growing.
As Art Logistics Coordinator, you are responsible for all artwork tracking, storage, shipping and delivery logistics. You’ll work directly with artists, galleries, shippers, and art handlers to manage NINE dot ARTS’ inventory, follow up on the location of artworks, report to the acquisitions group on logistics, and schedule deliveries with clients. You should be passionate about organization, problem-solving, and building positive relationships with your colleagues and the arts and business communities.
Advancement opportunities include Art Logistics Manager. Please note this position does not have a career path to the Curatorial team.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years experience as an art handler or preparator or 2+ years storage and inventory management
- Precision in logistics and data entry
- Physical ability to regularly lift, carry, and position: up to 10 lbs. regularly, up to 25 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, and/or controls; stand for a significant period of time; and regularly bend, kneel, crouch, climb, reach, or crawl.
The Art Logistics Coordinator must be comfortable handling a wide variety of tasks in a small business environment, balancing urgency with accuracy to keep our systems up-to-date. We offer training as needed if you do not have prior experience with one or more of the following.
- Process all artwork deliveries in the Denver office in a timely manner
- Inspect for damage
- Safely store
- Pack for transport
- Pack and ship artwork to installation sites and storage facilities
- Maintain a tidy and well-organized storage room
- Install security hardware as needed on artwork delivered to the Denver office
- Install artwork as needed, whether rotating artwork in the Denver office itself or supporting local client installations
Storage and Art Inventory Tracking
- Track storage capacity and work with the Senior Project Manager and Operations Coordinator to foresee future capacity needs
- Communicate with our vendors across the country to keep accurate inventory of artwork being stored offsite
- Update digital inventory tracking system for artwork status across all projects
- Design and maintain clear art inventory operational guides to ensure consistency of operations
Additional Acquisitions Support
- Support of company-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives through your work in Acquisitions
- Provide ad hoc support to our Acquisitions team as they purchase, frame, and store artwork and coordinate installations
Salary: $55k/year, plus company benefits
- Paid time off (begins accruing on first full pay period)
- Company holidays (9/year)
- Flex days (6/year, begin accruing immediately)
- Full health benefits, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurance (eligible the first of the month on or following start date)
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match (eligible after 90 days of employment)
- Generous Parental leave (eligible after 1 year of full-time salaried employment)
- Continuing Education budget
- Company Retreat
- Sabbatical Program
- Flexible Work Arrangement
NINE dot ARTS is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Diversity on our team makes our work stronger, and we encourage minority candidates to apply.