TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Internships at TikTok aim to provide students the chance to work with our clients and teams to address key business problems and identify areas of growth for the company. With your education and experience, you will be able to take on real-world challenges from day one.
By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA. This Internship Program is for 12 weeks duration beginning in May/June 2022.
Application deadline: February 15th, 2022
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is firm and includes all campus jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply early.
The AR Effect engineering team focuses on delivering innovative and high-quality visual effects and augmented reality applications which integrates into TikTok’s video editing and camera apps. Our mission is to deliver the whole Effect framework and platform which power TikTok’s creative video editing capabilities, camera filters, 3D and AR camera effects, and bring that fun and delightful experience directly to our users.
• Work closely and coordinate with AI Lab researchers, 2D/3D designers and software engineers to bring new camera effects features to life;
• Collaborate with engineers to improve the capabilities of effect creation tools and optimize the effect design workflow
• Work closely with creative design team and product managers to deliver the most fun, expressive, and delightful experiences.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
• A great portfolio featuring immersive technology (AR, VR, interactive designs or real time graphics)
• Strong understanding of asset, scripting, shader, real-time rendering pipeline.
• Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
• Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
• Passionate about TikTok, augmented reality, as well as creating the most fun, original and creative ideas and experiences
• Familiar with designing, programming, and prototyping using real-time 3D engines, including but not limited to Unity, Unreal, OpenFrameworks, Processing, Cinder, Three.js and WebGL/OpenGL
• Ability to create your own animated assets in Maya or 3ds Max
• Familiar with new asset creation tools Z-brush, Houdini, Substance Designer and Marvelous Designer
• Familiar with computer graphics, GLSL, Maya or 3ds Max
• Demonstrable aesthetic judgement, a clear understanding of light, color, and motion
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Accommodations-AMS@tiktok.com.