Are you ready to challenge the status quo for distributed deep-learning ? Are you excited to lead and innovate deep-learning model training research and engineering to enable customers to train models easily and faster on AWS? Then, this job is for you. AWS DeepEngine group is hiring for a passionate Software Engineer for SageMaker DataParallel Distributed training team to join us in writing the future of deep-learning model training.
Some of the problems we are working on includes:
· Optimizing large scale (100+ billion parameters, 1000s of GPU devices) distributed deep learning model training.
· Innovating solutions to communicate (gradients) during model training on AWS infrastructure.
· Innovating solutions to split models across multiple-GPUs and nodes.
· Integrating these innovations to TensorFlow & PyTorch.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Learn and use advanced technologies – CUDA, BLAS libraries, MPI
· Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and open source community – TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, Uber/Horovod, Intel/MKLDNN, NVIDIA/CUDA
· Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
This position within Deep Learning team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing Amazon SageMaker business and help shape the technology and AWS AI products. The right candidate will possess a technical background with experience in deep-learning and HPC.
Talk to us to learn more about amazing technical challenges we are solving for the deep learning community.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, or Python including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Master’s Degree or P.hD in computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, or related field.
· Specialization in any one of – machine learning, NLP, ASR, deep learning, computer vision, or related fields.
· Experience with machine learning/deep learning frameworks and libraries (any of TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, Chainer, Caffe, Scikit, etc.)
· 5 years of professional experience in the field.
· Experience in High Performance Computing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us