Applied Research Scientist I_Malignant Hematology
The Padron Lab seeks a highly motivated Applied Research Scientist for developing multi-omics integration approaches and single-cell computational tools for applications in Malignant Hematology. This field is fast-moving with rapidly growing datasets that can unlock the underlying biology of cancer. This position is for someone who is excited about turning these datasets into useable knowledge which can directly lead to improved patient outcomes.
· Apply programming and analytical skills toward understanding hematologic malignancies
· Work directly with clinical and translational researchers at Moffitt
· Collaborate with other investigators at the University of Florida and the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology (Germany)
The Ideal Candidate:
· Has a strong quantitative science background
· Has programming skills in R/Bioconductor and/or Python
· Is proficient working in high-performance computing clusters and LINUX scripting
· Is able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Develop novel analytics for visualizing and interpreting single-cell omics data.
· Work directly with basic, translational, and clinical researchers to develop analytic frameworks for analysis of single cell data
· Evaluate and compare best practices for processing and analyzing different data types
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Minimum of an M.D. or Ph.D. (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to epidemiology, biostatistics, psychology, math, internal medicine, machine learning or related field.
· Postdoctoral experience preferred, but not required.
Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is proud to be Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on our lasting commitment to our mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. Moffitt seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.