We are looking for an experienced Applied Research and Evaluation Associate to join our team. This position requires a versatile individual who has knowledge of evaluation theory, design, and methods and a minimum of 3 years of experience implementing applied research and evaluation projects and procedures, preferably in the fields of Education and Public Health.
We are looking for a candidate who is supremely organized, accurate, efficient, and comfortable managing multiple projects and timelines. This position requires a great team player who is also to manage and complete tasks independently. The candidate should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to prioritize, the ability to multitask, and strong communication skills.
Summary of Job Position:
Overview: This position reports directly to the President of the Company and the Company’s Senior Evaluator. This position is primarily responsible to develop and implement evaluation, research, and strategic planning project proposals and plans. This position manages communication with prospective and existing clients and leads rigorous and effective implementation and completion of multiple evaluation projects and reporting requirements.
The duties of this position are described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Actual Job Duties – Essential Functions:
- Leads projects involving applied research, strategic planning, and monitoring and evaluation in areas such as: college and career attainment for low-income and vulnerable youth; education and community collaboratives; research-practice partnerships; social-emotional and psychosocial learning; suicide prevention; human trafficking interventions; and diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Leads teams of 2-4 evaluation assistants/associates to complete evaluation tasks
- Engages directly with local and out-of-state clients
- Leads methodological and theoretical design of evaluation and research projects
- Develops data collection instruments including surveys, interview/and focus group protocols, and observation protocols
- Leads the creation of logic models, benchmark/milestone tables, output/outcome metrics
- Conducts surveys, focus groups, interviews, observations, and other data collection methods
- Reviews program documents and conducts literature reviews
- Analyzes quantitative and/or qualitative data (descriptive statistics, t-tests, ANOVA, multiple-regression, propensity score matching, coding qualitative data, heat mapping, etc.)
- Develops evaluation deliverables including but not limited to infographics, evaluation progress updates, data findings, progress reports, and evaluation reports/papers
- Develops and submits proposals, papers, and presentations for professional conferences and publications, and presents at academic and professional conferences
- Presents evaluation results to clients and stakeholders
- Develops and submits Institutional Review Board (IRB) proposals
- Participates in project team meetings and professional development
· Attends internal staff meetings as needed
· Reviews and edits reports as needed
· Provides administrative support to executive team
· Provides client and stakeholder service duties as needed
· Provides advisory functions to the executive team as needed
Minimum Qualifications: The following are the minimum qualifications an individual must meet to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
· At least a Master’s degree including research and evaluation theories and methods
· At least 3 years of experience in a position involving applied research and evaluation duties,
preferably in an Education and/or Public Health related field
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Project Management and Leadership Skills
- Ability to manage and meet multiple milestones across several projects
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate spreadsheet programs
- Research methods (e.g., survey and interview protocol design) and quantitative/qualitative analytic skills
- Proficiency with statistical software (e.g., SPSS, R, STATA)
· Report writing, including triangulation and visualization of findings
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
· This position spends almost 100% of the workday at a desk working in front of a computer
· Must be able to sit, stand, bend and walk in the course of normal duties
· Must have good vision for close-up computer work (with or without the aid of eye glasses or
· Regularly required to use hands to handle phones, type proficiently and handle paperwork
· Must be able to see and hear with or without appropriate accommodations
· Must be able to speak and communicate verbally with co-workers, customers, vendors, etc.
· This is a remote position.
· This business is licensed in California and Washington State. Therefore, candidates must be
residents of California or Washington.
· Working hours are typically 8-5, but schedule may vary depending on business needs.
· Will be determined commensurate with experience
To Apply For this Position:
· Please send a resume or CV, cover letter, and writing sample to