View job on Handshake
Panther Protocol is building an end-to-end privacy protocol for digital assets (zAssets), which can be deployed in a compliant way on any public blockchain. We have ambitious plans to provide financial privacy and give economic freedom to people and institutions, in a compliant way.
We are recruiting an Applied Mathematician that will work closely with our CTO, Game Theorist and the larger team consisting of Researchers and Software Developers.
Work with the team on interesting problems and implementing solutions from published papers for the areas that we work on – DeFi , Game Theory and Blockchain using C/Rust or other programming language.
- Drive the creation of advanced mathematics for Blockchain technologies to enable the development of our product and help develop advanced Zero Knowledge Proof protocols, Homomorphic Encryption, and conventional cryptographic tools relevant to Blockchain
- Help us to develop practical applications using the above tools
- Perform world-class zero knowledge proof related maths
- Participate in standards setting, perform collaborative research into open source solutions and assist technical colleagues in their development work
- Keep up to date on emerging capabilities in this fast-growing area and identify where and how new capabilities can be applied
- Work with developers and architects to increase their skills at writing Zero Knowledge Proofs and related code.
- Masters or Ph.D. Pure/Applied Maths and have demonstrated and worked on different use cases of applied mathematics closely related to prototype protocols/schemes/algorithms in one or more relevant programming languages.
- Have a thorough approach and be committed to high quality output.
- Have prior research/code already published in the space
- Experienced with remote collaboration (video conferencing, collaborative design and coding etc.)
- Be comfortable working both independently and as part of a larger team on a fast-paced project. Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A proactive, self-driven approach and entrepreneurial, problem-solving mindset
- Able to proactively identify which activities can benefit the project the most in the shortest period of time, communicate, and execute on their ideas without needing to be micromanaged
- Fully flexible remote working with a highly talented team in a dynamic, fast growth start-up.
- Fast progression available for hard working individuals, and an emphasis around personal development.
- The opportunity to work with ground-breaking technology on a philanthropic mission to improve privacy and trust in the decentralized world.
- A dynamic and autonomous workplace culture and the opportunity to become a part of the Panther Alumni.
- Close collaboration with leading projects and thought leaders in the space.
- Attractive compensation with upside potential.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the requirements above, please do apply – we look forward to hearing from you.
Also don’t forget to follow us on social media: