View job on Handshake
At Oxford Instruments, we enable the world’s leading industrial companies and scientific research communities to image, analyse and manipulate materials down to the atomic and molecular level. Using Atomic Force Microscopes from Asylum Research, our customers can see how cancer cells respond to new treatments, extend the lifetime and efficiency of renewable energy systems and lithium-ion batteries, and develop the novel materials required for quantum computing.
We’re looking for a highly motivated microscopy enthusiast to join our team as an Applications Scientist (AS) who will serve as expert level product and applications knowledge owner for both customer and sales team members while reporting directory to our Applications Manager. For customers, the AS will serve as their source for training and ongoing function/applications support. This individual will collaborate frequently with sales throughout the entire demonstration process (including pre demonstration planning) and provide colleagues valuable insights and training on a regular basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an extremely talented team of dedicated scientists, who are constantly striving to solve our customer’s problems through innovation and cutting-edge instrumentation.
The Applications Specialist (AS) will maintain expert level technical and application knowledge for the Asylum Research (AR) portfolio of products. and work collaboratively with the AR salespeople in a team selling environment. The AS will be present at workshops and webinars for both colleagues and customers alike; run instrumentation at an expert level for demonstrations at trade shows, conventions and training events; and actively monitor local industry trends and competitor activity to enable proactive development of strategies to exploit opportunities. The AS will travel approximately 50% time, including occasional international travel.
- Monitor demonstration equipment to ensure peak performance levels.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and Sale Leadership to on various projects.
- Ongoing relationship management and application support for existing customers and OEM partners.
- Follow the OI demonstration process including the timely completion of internal demonstration reporting.
- Create and present customer demonstration reports with a sense of urgency.
- Utilize a holistic OI value selling approach when speaking with customer and throughout the demonstration process.
- Utilize video conferencing, remote demonstrations, etc. whenever possible to advance opportunities.
- Diligently anage expenses and travel planning to minimize operation expenses.
- Collaborate closely with Service by providing applications/technical support
- Maintain a strong familiarity with all OI Business Unit offerings outside Asylum Research to strengthen the company position and create new leads.
- Other responsibilities and duties upon request.
Successful candidates will have: A Bachelors in the Materials Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, or other relevant area; 3-5 years Applications Specialist experience preferred.; 3-5 years Sales experience in the scientific space preferred.; Microscopy Experience. Preferable utilizing Atomic Force Microscopes (AFM); Miller Heiman sales training preferredl; and the ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of, and successful track record in, technical sales and/or applications.
Location: California|Santa Barbara Based
Asylum Research is the technology leader in AFM and SPM for both materials and bioscience applications. We are dedicated to providing innovative instrumentation for nanoscience and nanotechnology customers worldwide. Through technological leadership, with over 300 years of combined experience among our staff, Asylum Research pioneers AFM instrumentation and innovation around the world.
Asylum is a part of a successful global company, Oxford Instruments plc, a leading provider of high technology tools and systems for industry and academic research. We provide flexible hours and a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision and 401k. To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please attach your resume and cover letter along with pay expectations, in a single PDF, to your application.
Oxford Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE/M/F/D/V
Oxford Instruments requires all employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work. The Company will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation as required by law.
Note to recruitment agencies: Oxford Instruments does not accept agency CV’s. Please do not forward details to our jobs alias, Oxford Instruments employees or any other company location. Oxford Instruments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.