View job on Handshake
About JLL Technologies
JLL Technologies (JLLT) is a specialized group within JLL. We deliver unparalleled digital advisory, implementation, and services solutions to organizations globally. We provide best-in-class technologies to bring digital ambitions to life aligning technology, people and processes. Our goal is to leverage technology to increase the value and liquidity of the world’s buildings, while enhancing the productivity and the happiness of those that occupy them.
About the role
JLL Technologies Enterprise Data team is a newly established central organization that oversees JLL’s data strategy. We are seeking data professionals to work with our colleagues at JLL around the globe in providing solutions, developing new products, building enterprise reporting & analytics capability to reshape the business of Commercial Real Estate using the power of data and we are just getting started on that journey!
We are looking for a senior backend engineer to join our data application engineering team to help us solve “the How”. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience in data products which will play a critical role in data transformation journey.
As a Backend Application Engineer Intern at JLL Technologies, you will:
- Interact with project stakeholders and other data team such as Data Architecture, Data Governance, Program Management etc.
- Work closely with the Architecture team to develop common message model for a given entity with good understanding on how data is organized in various data layers within enterprise data platform
- Contribute to defining enterprise standards and design related to Data and API
- Design and Develop API endpoints following enterprise standards
- Design and Develop common modules and libraries following DevOps practices
- Build and integrate API services that connect our Data Pipeline workflows and publish end point on Apigee
- Contribute to real time layer code base
- Optimize and performance tune the endpoints
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science or related field
- Experience using Java, Python and cloud infrastructure
- Experience developing API’s adhering to enterprise API Standards, API Data integration, etc.
- Experience with designing REST and GraphQL endpoints
- Experience with the cloud ecosystem preferably Azure and familiarity with NoSQL Databases, Serverless compute, elastic search etc. preferred
- Experience with OAuth, API Gateway and API Authentication best practices
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!